Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
KW PR village, am I getting too old? >

KW PR village, am I getting too old?

Notices

KW PR village, am I getting too old?

Old 11-15-2016, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW PR village, am I getting too old?

Saturday while walking the docks with my wife and a few friends enjoying all the hardware we came around in front of Conch Republic between the restaurant and main dock where Deep Impact, statement and hydra sport were. A deep impact was backing in loaded with girls dancing and music blaring,my first thought is it seems entertaining and par for the poker run course, that lasted a moment at best as it took me a few seconds to realize the words and the people in the area. Whatever the rap song was it was just a string of N!gg@r this and N!gg@r that, Fu(k this and Fu(k that. The poker run crowd seemed to "get it" but the spectators, especially the ones with their kids looked disgusted and many just shook their heads or walked away. I'm not one to get offended or be judgementel but I have to admit I was a little uncomfortable and really had to wonder about the message we are sending as performance boaters or if I'm just getting old
Old 11-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes. Music is a taste thing. I can enjoy nearly all music. I dunno how it could make you feel uncomfortable?

Don't worry about our reputation. It's way to far gone.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Thats not music. (Rap is Crap). They could have been a little more considerate, but I really can't blame them. After all, its Key West and a big weekend.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tzrider
Saturday while walking the docks with my wife and a few friends enjoying all the hardware we came around in front of Conch Republic between the restaurant and main dock where Deep Impact, statement and hydra sport were. A deep impact was backing in loaded with girls dancing and music blaring,my first thought is it seems entertaining and par for the poker run course, that lasted a moment at best as it took me a few seconds to realize the words and the people in the area. Whatever the rap song was it was just a string of N!gg@r this and N!gg@r that, Fu(k this and Fu(k that. The poker run crowd seemed to "get it" but the spectators, especially the ones with their kids looked disgusted and many just shook their heads or walked away. I'm not one to get offended or be judgementel but I have to admit I was a little uncomfortable and really had to wonder about the message we are sending as performance boaters or if I'm just getting old
no, its not you for sure! I'll say first off I wasn't there, but that noise, doesn't cut it in any crowd!
WHY do folks play this chit in a mixed gathering??? Be it kids or wives, just classless as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:18 PM
mmb
Registered

I guess nobody listens to the radio??? Thats all you hear anymore. Doesn't bother me and I doubt the kids heard anything new, they hear it all day long on the radio. They probably knew what song it was!!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Registered

Pignapoke
I guess what made me feel uncomfortable or maybe self aware is a better term was the fact that I could see the level of discomfort from the people who "happened upon" the docks
Old 11-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Registered

MMB
Boat looked good, Robert and I are close friends and I've been on it many times. Yes I listen to the radio all day
Old 11-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Shocked by that music?? What nobody has heard a Hillary rally in the last 12 months???
Old 11-15-2016, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmb
I guess nobody listens to the radio??? Thats all you hear anymore. Doesn't bother me and I doubt the kids heard anything new, they hear it all day long on the radio. They probably knew what song it was!!
The stations I listen to don't play this crap so no I'm neither used to it or will I put up with it!
I'm certainly no angel, but offensive language in public is just Offensive.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

While I mostly agree with the OP, I'm also the a-hole that puts Eazy E and Ice Cube on 11 when a boatful of screaming, splashing kids rafts up next to me as the perv-dad tries to eye-hump my wife on the sun pad. As long as the disapproving look from perv-dad is accompanied by him pulling anchor "It Was a Good Day".

Last edited by Speedracer29; 11-15-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.