Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cordless Drills (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34316-cordless-drills.html)

hirschy77 10-06-2002 09:40 AM

cordless

hey guys, I sell power tools for a living to the commercial industry only, and am very well versed on quality and so forth. I have some great deals on dewalt cordless . Please PM me for any questions or prices on anything regarding tools!!!!! Mark

obnoxus 10-06-2002 10:33 AM

I went to Berlands hose of tools here in Chicago for a new cordless DEWALT 18v 1/2 inch chuck. A guy that works here says what do you ant tht piece of chit for!!! I said ok, give me your sales pitch, ,,, he showed methe new Panasonic,,, I would have never considered a anasonic befre, but OMG does thisthing kick azz....its 15.6 volts 1/2 indexed chuck, weights ALOT less than A Dewalt 18 volt and has more power, plus the battery lasts alot longer and was $100 cheaper to boot !!!!!!

Payton 10-06-2002 03:55 PM

Obnoxus,
Does the Panasonic have descent speakers and a remote control?:D

Just kidding

Hope to see you at the COPS pirates ball

Johno 10-06-2002 07:50 PM

Dewalt

Dewalt, you can have them rebuilt by Dewalt for under $100-00.
I have tried most of the well known brands as an electrical contractor have found the Dewalt best ,not only thru use but with service & the ability to rebuild over & over.

riskybusiness 10-06-2002 10:59 PM

Cordless Drills

Tinkerboater: If I may chime in about your cordless drill search, all above postings offer pretty sound advice. I'd been a SNAP-ON Tools dealer for about 6 years, and own a 14v cordless drill of theirs, which has proven bulletproof. Good news: Not only a quality tool, but all kinds of other tools available for use with the same batteries; cordless impact guns, droplights, etc., all top quality. Bad news: Top dollar, and unless you're being visisted regularly by a dealer, your only option is online, and service would be tough to get. I have also owned a DEWALT 14v 1/2" drill forever, I beat the living garbonzos out of it, and it doesn't owe me a dime, so I would also recommend those. By the way--DEWALT is said to have heavier-duty components (gears, etc) than their Black & Decker counterparts, so don't let corporate ownership fool you. Also, battery voltage, I've been taught, determines length of charge more than it does drill strength. Finally, maybe PANASONIC does make a good product (as per earlier post), but be sure to get a drill from a factory-authorized distributor (including refurbs), because service of the tool is one of the most important factors to consider. Good Luck, sorry for the dissertation.

Cord 10-07-2002 07:57 AM

Risky-the two of us should get together. I have a couple of Snap-on ratchets that need to get rebuilt.

BTW-they are my favorite ratchets. :D

Tinkerer 10-07-2002 08:02 PM

WOW this thread went a lot farther than I thought it would.
Thanks for all the advise. I think it is going to be a DEWALT 14.4 V

goob 10-07-2002 10:08 PM

Push-N-Throttles on the site owns a tool rental and sales store. Maybe he can tell us which ones he fixes the most.

BGIII 10-07-2002 10:14 PM

Steve, talked to Grabber this afternoon, computers were down, said he will call me in the morning.

boot 10-07-2002 10:26 PM

I just got a great deal !!

Home depot had a package of Ryobi on sale .Maybe still do .
It is 18 volts .
-IT has :
-Miter saw
-circular saw
-saw zaw
-drill
-roto zip
-flashlight
-3 batteries
-charger
and a big heavy duty case on wheels with a telescopic handle & the box doubles as a work bench for the mitter saw .

All that for $399 . The tools alone are almost $600 if you buy them seperate plus the case !! My brother is a contractor and is hard on equipment . He has had his Ryobi saw for about a year and uses it hard . He said the battery is the only thing went bad .