If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cordless Drills

hey guys, I sell power tools for a living to the commercial industry only, and am very well versed on quality and so forth. I have some great deals on dewalt cordless . Please PM me for any questions or prices on anything regarding tools!!!!! Mark

Charter Member #1171 Charter Member obnoxus's Avatar
    My Boats:
    New Lenox , Il
    I went to Berlands hose of tools here in Chicago for a new cordless DEWALT 18v 1/2 inch chuck. A guy that works here says what do you ant tht piece of chit for!!! I said ok, give me your sales pitch, ,,, he showed methe new Panasonic,,, I would have never considered a anasonic befre, but OMG does thisthing kick azz....its 15.6 volts 1/2 indexed chuck, weights ALOT less than A Dewalt 18 volt and has more power, plus the battery lasts alot longer and was $100 cheaper to boot !!!!!!

Charter Member #927 Charter Member Payton's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 34' Super Hawaii
    Does the Panasonic have descent speakers and a remote control?

Just kidding

Hope to see you at the COPS pirates ball

My Boats:
    Renegade 29
    Tampabay Florida

Dewalt, you can have them rebuilt by Dewalt for under $100-00.
    I have tried most of the well known brands as an electrical contractor have found the Dewalt best ,not only thru use but with service & the ability to rebuild over & over.

Lightbulb Cordless Drills

Tinkerboater: If I may chime in about your cordless drill search, all above postings offer pretty sound advice. I'd been a SNAP-ON Tools dealer for about 6 years, and own a 14v cordless drill of theirs, which has proven bulletproof. Good news: Not only a quality tool, but all kinds of other tools available for use with the same batteries; cordless impact guns, droplights, etc., all top quality. Bad news: Top dollar, and unless you're being visisted regularly by a dealer, your only option is online, and service would be tough to get. I have also owned a DEWALT 14v 1/2" drill forever, I beat the living garbonzos out of it, and it doesn't owe me a dime, so I would also recommend those. By the way--DEWALT is said to have heavier-duty components (gears, etc) than their Black & Decker counterparts, so don't let corporate ownership fool you. Also, battery voltage, I've been taught, determines length of charge more than it does drill strength. Finally, maybe PANASONIC does make a good product (as per earlier post), but be sure to get a drill from a factory-authorized distributor (including refurbs), because service of the tool is one of the most important factors to consider. Good Luck, sorry for the dissertation.

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    Risky-the two of us should get together. I have a couple of Snap-on ratchets that need to get rebuilt.

BTW-they are my favorite ratchets.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tinkerer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
    ALTO, MI
    WOW this thread went a lot farther than I thought it would.
    Thanks for all the advise. I think it is going to be a DEWALT 14.4 V
    Hey even if it ain't broke it's still fun to tinker with it.

Push-N-Throttles on the site owns a tool rental and sales store. Maybe he can tell us which ones he fixes the most.

My Boats:
    34 Saber
    West Michigan
    Steve, talked to Grabber this afternoon, computers were down, said he will call me in the morning.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    I just got a great deal !!

Home depot had a package of Ryobi on sale .Maybe still do .
    It is 18 volts .
    -IT has :
    -Miter saw
    -circular saw
    -saw zaw
    -roto zip
    -3 batteries
    and a big heavy duty case on wheels with a telescopic handle & the box doubles as a work bench for the mitter saw .

All that for $399 . The tools alone are almost $600 if you buy them seperate plus the case !! My brother is a contractor and is hard on equipment . He has had his Ryobi saw for about a year and uses it hard . He said the battery is the only thing went bad .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast