Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Iconic Marine Group Sells Pro-Line Brand to Former Partner >

Iconic Marine Group Sells Pro-Line Brand to Former Partner

Notices

Iconic Marine Group Sells Pro-Line Brand to Former Partner

Old 12-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Center Counsels have defiantly impacted the performance boat segment. But if you want a new Outerlimits or Skater you're looking at over a 12 month lead time. You might get a new Cig in 8 months. Fountain needs to update both their performance boats and center counsels but I believe there is a market for both of them.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
do you yourself believe the crap you type?
The buying public isn't interested in buying 200
This thread is about new boat production...... not sure what you were trying to say.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I am just waiting for the new SBI CC class to start...............
Old 12-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This thread is about new boat production...... not sure what you were trying to say.
I simply asked if you believe the crap you type?
Old 12-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I am just waiting for the new SBI CC class to start...............
Ever see the start of a fishing tournament? More entries and excitement than a SBI race
Old 12-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Got any links disproving my "crap" theories?
Old 12-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Ever see the start of a fishing tournament? More entries and excitement than a SBI race
And if you can outsmart a fish that makes you what?????
I think most fishermen have to really hate their home lives . I used to go on occasion and sort of enjoyed it , but I see guys out in the river at 430 5 am when its 10 * and pitch dark .... no fun there.
now maybe a guy gets off sitting on his boat with his rod in hand, to each his own.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The 38 CC from Fountain is an awesome boat, but in reality it was brought out in 2002/2003 so that is soon to be a 15+ year old design. The interiors are certainly more fish than fancy and honestly compare them to a Statement or Nortech or Cigarette and the Fountain isn't going to sell many. Go off the fishing aspect and compare them to a Yellowfin or Contender or SeaVee and once again the Fountain won't sell many. It is a boat with a lost audience.....not nice enough for cruiser buyer, not fishy enough for hard core fisherman buyer.

I get the car analogy but that doesn't compare to boats. Cars can be leased easily and disposed of in less than an hour if you have a Carmax nearby......boats not so much.
Your wife could borrow one of those cars to run errands, a boat not so much. I think your car/boat analogy would be better if you compared CC's to SUV's. They used to be solely purpose driven haulers, now they can be and often are performance haulers!

I recently attended a Cadillac Performance Driving event and I love the new CTS-V but at 100K MSRP there are a lot of alternatives. I got to drive the ATS-V on a road course and it was fast, not sure I would write the check for 75K to buy one.
For as much "knowledge" as you post I'd think you would own a boat or possibly contribute to the market. But you don't. Try being an observer as opposed constantly going out of your way for your voice to be heard.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
For as much "knowledge" as you post I'd think you would own a boat or possibly contribute to the market. But you don't. Try being an observer as opposed constantly going out of your way for your voice to be heard.
this is a discussion forum, all opinions welcome, who the hell are you to say who qualifies?
Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I believe the "crap" he is posting. He is "spot-on" accurate.
And making your voice heard on a forum is what its all about.
If Fountain is to stand a chance in todays market, they better re-tool the entire line and get very creative. And that would be a big waste of money and time. The consumer simply has moved into another direction for sport boats - Exotic Outboard Powered Center Consoles.
Outerlimits and Cigarette are hanging on by a shoestring, and the others (in Hi-Performance Offshore) are only building a boat here and there.
Just look at whats going on - Nortech, MTI, Mystic and Statement seem to be the dominators today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.