Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Richmond Radar Run..sort of....And pictures... >

Richmond Radar Run..sort of....And pictures...

Notices

Richmond Radar Run..sort of....And pictures...

Old 10-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got great video of both of your boats running down the river and the speed runs made around 1:00 PM. As soon as I can get the video transferred to VHS and computer I'll post it for all.
Ken
22 Pachanga with the hole in the oil pan

BTW, that Laveycraft was the hottest boat out there!! Awesome paint/gel!!

Last edited by klmken; 10-07-2002 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:41 AM
Registered

It was quite a turnout! Sorry some of you traveled so far and didn't get a chance to run under the gun. Most folks hung around and had a good time anyway.

A fisherman was killed in a hit-and-run boating accident the previous weekend. While it is reported that the police have identified a boat that they believe may be involved, no arrests have been made. The gentleman who was killed had some affiliation with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, the same folks who were out in the patrol boat hassling us on Saturday. It was probably to be expected that there would be difficulties in light of the recent tragedy.

It is my understanding that no permits are needed after October 1. However, I have heard through the grapevine that a delegation is going to go up to the VA DGIF and discuss this matter. Hopefully, we can get everything straightened out in a manner that's acceptable to everyone and run next year.
Lee
Old 10-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I'm glad to read the positive comments, despite the situation with our local officials. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to haul your boats around, and everyone here in Richmond feels bad that we got shut down. This "event" started years ago with several individuals inviting people from out-of-town to run their boats. Due to liability issues, the RPBA has not promoted this event, but word has spread via word of mouth. As we all observed Saturday, this has grown well past the point that it can be kept quiet.

Several people have asked me to get involved and find out what it is going to take to make this event happen next year. We are forming a committee to investigate licenses, insurance, etc. so that we can legally hold the event. Anyone that has information on how this is handled in other parts of the country is asked to contact me.

Anyone that feels we were treated unfairly Saturday can write the Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries, 4010 West Broad Street, Richmond, Va 23230, William L Woodfin, Director. Please be professional and discreet.

I have posted my pictures at our web site

RPBA
Old 10-07-2002, 12:08 PM
bobby daniels

Talking

HEY BRIAN AT JONES MARINE HOW BAD DID BARRY BEAT YOU OR DID HE BREAK 110 ???

Old 10-08-2002, 08:43 AM
BARRY1784

We had a great time. Hopefully next year things get worked out. At least we were able to make a few runs by the crowd. If any one has pics of me and the lavey running let me know. Thanks, Barry