Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Richmond Radar Run..sort of....And pictures... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34322-richmond-radar-run-sort-pictures.html)

klmken 10-05-2002 05:48 PM

Richmond Radar Run..sort of....And pictures...

After sweating the weather all week we had great weather and a fantastic turnout!! I conservatively guess 60 boats.....Lots of Velocitys and Fountains and Checkmates. The only problem was that the cops turned out as well and shut us down.....Had a great time til a hole appeared in the side of my oil pan @ 4600 rpm (pics available in Tech (Is this bad?). Pictures of some of the boats are available in the photo section. Do a search on "Richmond Radar Run" or my user name. Some are low quality as is my digital camera. I have some great video though!!!

FloridianSon 10-05-2002 08:48 PM

Sorry to hear that your weekend was not up to par.Nice to see someone from my home town was born and rasied sleading down the Masonic Temple realy great hills.:cool:

Sydwayz 10-06-2002 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles klmken!

I was rafted on one side, and made a count of the other. 77 boats on one side, and at least 40+ on our side. It was an INCREDIBLE turn out!! Too bad Johnny Law had to ruin it for everyone!!

ROGMAN 10-06-2002 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sydwayz,
Is this you at the ramp?

Mate 229 10-06-2002 06:51 PM

What a great day for a radar run, too bad the water cops screwed it up. Unfortunately a boater was killed in that area last week in a hit and run accident so timing was bad for us.
Great turn out and still had a good time hanging with a lot of boating buddies. Also had a great high performance boat show. There were many 100mph plus boats there.

ROGMAN 10-06-2002 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This guy stole the show!!!!!

Sydwayz 10-06-2002 07:23 PM

That's not my boat. That is my friends' John & Chris from Lake Anna. (That is a 2002, 496HO. He bought that boat after one ride on mine.) Mine has teal, purple and pink graphics.

The red 32 Skater is the new toy of Skater from the board; Mark House. That is the former 'How Sweet It Is' race boat. Add that to Mark's stable of two other Skaters and the 37AT. EVERYONE was watching that boat.

ROGMAN 10-06-2002 07:44 PM

That was my first time at that event, even with the pain in the a$$ Law man, I'll be back for next year!!!!!:D :D

Shah Mat 10-07-2002 06:30 AM

What an unbelievable turn out. We saw quite a few hot rods in the river, too bad we couldn't see them run against the gun. I took some photos and will try to post them later.

I also heard about the death a week eariler. I was told that a fisherman in a john boat was killed when he was ran over by a big boat. With that in mind, I think the cops were just trying to do their job. Anyone know if those two boats that were snagged got tickets? Is someone going to get a permit for next time?

jonesmarineinc 10-07-2002 08:05 AM

Just wondered if any body had video or pics of Barry's 25' Elimantor or our Lavey craft. It really sucked the cops showed up but atleast Barry and i got to play around a little bit.