Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How Many Watts Do I need? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34331-how-many-watts-do-i-need.html)

wwwTOPDJcom 10-06-2002 11:04 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Well there are two ways that I do it and that depends on the location. If I can I like to use a Laminate cutting bit on a saber saw. It creates a LOT LESS dust. I put Duct tape on the bottom of the saw and put Masking tape on the boat This will make sure that it is not scratched. I do not like ROTO zips as they can grab and take off uncontrolled. Well if it takes off in the wrong direction you are screwed!!! So I use a Dremmel with a roto zip bit in it. Then you can control it easily. Hope that helps. Oh ya if you put a vacume near were you are cutting it will greatly reduce the mess. :D:D

Jon

Same here Ive put my rotozip blades in my dremmel too
then use a foot switch to very the speed
the damn rotozip is pretty powerfull and doesn't
stall like the dremmel , So your right it can wreck stuff

apache77 10-07-2002 12:01 AM

I will have good sound quality, and the subs will be seen for the wow factor. The 93 db speaker at the same volume level will take half the power of the 90.

Audiofn 10-07-2002 09:06 AM

You got me again you are correcto moudo. :D:D THANK GOD I have some one checking me out. Brain is still fried from all this moving and crap I have been doing. :D:D

Jon

Shorty 10-07-2002 09:16 AM

I cut my speaker holes (6.5" & 12") with a roto-zip and the circle cutter guide. Worked ok for controlling the tool and making a perfect circle but... the inside walls of my boat are 1/2" plywood + 3/16" glass skin. That's real thick for a rotozip blade. Had to go real slow and used a bunch of blades (not cheap). If I had to do it again, I'd borrow a large holesaw.

fred 10-07-2002 10:51 AM

So how many speakers and what sizes would sound good with a single 600-750 watt amp?....Fred

apache77 10-07-2002 02:08 PM

depends on the amp, watts mean nothing at all really, what amp make and model. And what are you trying to do with it

apache77 10-07-2002 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey I was wondering if someone could help me make my van a little louder! It just does not tickle me the right way.

fred 10-07-2002 04:19 PM

apache77, I was just going to put a couple of 10"s in under the back seat and any other speaker required, add an amp to the Pioneer CD player, just want something reasonable in price to improve the system....nothing that has to loosen screws.....unless I can do it cheap...what would you suggest?.....Fred

apache77 10-07-2002 04:37 PM

what are the dimensions of where you are putting them?
when you buy an amp, the more money you spend the more power you get, so do not worry about watts, for a good cheep system you could do 2-10" crossfire subs (they have plastic cones and work well around water) a box and crossfire amp for $269
or a rockford system with a little more power for 389. Personally I would go with 2 digital design 10s and a 1000d amp and a fiber-glassed and gelcoated box that moulded in, but that would cost 2200.
tyson 4174395040