Being a passanger at max speed

Notices

Being a passanger at max speed

Old 12-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
stories like above are not rare - anyone can buy a speed demon if they have the fund$.... that said, even with a healthy 401 - they first thing most people run out of is TALENT running at speed trying to impress others....ie. the LOTO Fountain accident.

After having a few eye-opening rides as a passenger ( driver didn't comprehend how out of shape we were) - my preference is obviously at the controls... at least control some part of your own destiny!

Merry Christmas Everyone - thoughts and prayers to those we lost this year ( and in the past) and their families adjusting to life without loved ones in their first Christmas/ Holidays!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562960[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Nice Pair; 05-31-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My wife hates speed ( car or boat )
How many of you have had this happen. You are taking someone out for the first time in a fast boat and they are standing up behind the front bolsters. You turn around and they are in distress. suddenly they blurt out that they can't breath. I tell them to sit down. They never learned to breath with wind in their face. With the new boat you can't stand up but you can sit in the center of the back seat. If I see them sitting in the center I tell them to sit behind the front seats so as not to be in the wind. Other reason is it blocks the air scoop for the engine. It is sealed to the throttle body and if you block the flow I notice it in the throttle.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:48 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

After this year I have taken a step back on who I will hop in a boat with. Lots of boats I would love to take a ride in but don't think I'll except the offer.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I'm taking people for a ride I never run all out.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you get offered a ride in Gone Again, do you take it? call me what you want, but i'll watch from the dock thank you very much. his race boat, yes that would be the ride of a lifetime!!!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I did the keywest poker run and on return trip a gave my seat up and drove back with the car. The person who took the ride think it was his last ride in it. LOL
I pass a lot now on boat rides at big speed.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If I took someone for a ride in mine and didn't go wide open, we'd barely going faster than the speed of smell....
Old 12-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 4,305 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I`ve never been in boat over 100mph .
Old 12-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very aware of the drivers ability in any boat that I ride in. I have a speed limit in my boat of 100 mph with passengers in the back seats. I confess to have broken that rule a few times but very seldom. I never want to be the cause of a friend being uncomfortable. I have lost friends to a boating accident and I am very aware of the danger. My boat and most of my cars are faster than my ability to drive them. I try to never exceed my ability. Doug
Attached Thumbnails Being a passanger at max speed-image.jpg  
Old 12-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my experience, a short burst in 1-2' water @ 85-90+ MPH in a 28-32' vee is reasonable with a rookie boater if they get a choice. It helps if you ask them after running for a while at 55-70 MPH in easy water if they are ready for more. As the speed increases and if they change their mind, just raise their hand. It does take a while for the causal/rookie boater to understand speed. Face it, if you are ejected at 70+ MPH you are likely going to get hurt.

Last edited by BenPerfected; 12-25-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.