Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wen't for a 100mph boat ride yesterday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34374-went-100mph-boat-ride-yesterday.html)

26scarab 10-07-2002 08:37 AM

Wen't for a 100mph boat ride yesterday

Got to go for a ride on my friends 28 ft Redline cat yesterday.
What a blast , we went to Jack's for lunch and had to go thru some 3-4 footers (it was windy as hell) and those were quite fun at 50-60. Had lunch then ran over to the middle channel for some speed runs:D and ran 100.2 !
I've been in a 90+mph V hull before but 100 seemed a hell of a allot faster.
The only bummer is now I need a faster boat !!

Thanks Curt :D

Playn 10-07-2002 10:17 AM

Advantage_Robs ??

26scarab 10-07-2002 10:28 AM

No,
My friend Curt's. He used to race Supercate lite O/B (I think that's the name of the class) with it. I think Rob's is a 25' .

rerun 10-07-2002 11:01 AM

It must of been cold. We came home from browns early morning and froze our asses off. We were only going low 60's too.

Advantage_Rob 10-07-2002 11:20 AM

Hey Chuck,
I thought we were the only ones out yesterday!! That had to be fun. Was that the catastrophic boat?

I went out with Jason in his cat yesterday. He wanted to go to the Roostertail and I told him how horrible the water was at my house, but he said let's go see what it's like. We left Selfridge, and at first we had a perfect chop in 2-3's at around 90 with that constant hard wind coming right at us. The boat was just floating, it was like there was no waves whatsoever, it was so smooth of a ride. THEN we came around the point of metro, it was really rough with all the waves packing in that bay it was impassable, 6' rollers one after the other, all spaced super tight, it sucked, we didn't even try going thru that. We went back to metro and met up with Tom, and Paul, he just got a new top gun with 575's in it, so we all went to Dekers and ate, then took the north channel up to the south channel and came back down past gull, and the lake out here was huge again with no spacing, so headed back to selfridge at a quick pace, launching here and there. I'm actually sore today from the ride!

26scarab 10-07-2002 11:29 AM

Hey Rob,
Yes it was the Catastrophic boat. Your right about how it was in the bay then when you come across the point of Metro it got ****ty. I was guessing 3-4's with and occasional big hole. Do you really think there were 6's ?
It must have been you guys I saw heading to Deckers. When Curt and I came out of the middle channel we saw two huge roostertails going across the Clinton river heading towards the north end of the lake.
It was stil fun out though !:D

Advantage_Rob 10-07-2002 11:56 AM

I think just south of metro the way that bay is shaped, the whole lake was building that way, then rebounding everything off of the seawall shoreline, it was a mess right there. right when we got into it, we launched, and came down, and a wall of water came at us, soaking us from head to toe, drenched, we were laughing and said nope, enough of this, we were idleing and it was just all huge breaking rollers coming over the deck, but it was cool, we sat there for like 5 minutes bobbing around just in awe of how huge the waves were. I dont know if it calmed down as you got out away from shore, but right in that area it was really bad. Just didn't want to head all the way downtown in those conditions. We wend back to metro and had a beer and sun dried. That's the worst I've seen the lake in a few years when it's not in the middle of a storm. It was nice and sunny all morning, I think we burned thru all the fuel, and we filled up in the morning. That was probably us, we went from metro, up to the north channel. I wish we would have crossed paths, that would have been fun running along with you guys!

Milord 10-07-2002 01:42 PM

Chuck and Rob, I'm jealous, man I want to get out at least one more time!:(

Maximus 10-07-2002 03:50 PM

Fun

Another popped cherry!!!

Maximus

MoneyShot 10-07-2002 07:51 PM

Hey Max-
I heard via the dealership you have a red H2 on order, your sales rep took me out for a spin in the black one. I like, but I need my diesel. I did not know a thing about the truck until I went down to Dew. The H1 is butt ugly and you sit against the side window- zero attraction there. I'm off to Lake-X in the morning, call Todd to get my cell and give me a call in the afternoon. I'll fill you in on the latest and greatest changes to the boat..............120? Maybe.......
Call me-