Canale Takes Ownership of Sonic Powerboats

Notices

Canale Takes Ownership of Sonic Powerboats

Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
Seriously dude?! You're killing me.

You do know how they used to come up with their weight numbers, right? ROFLMAO....you read to much.

Please explain how a "full stagger" makes a boat faster? And you claim lighter weight had nothing to do with it?
C'mon, man...

I'm sorry, but sometimes people just say funny things.
Enter the clown, stage left - proclaiming that everything taught and learned about hull advancement in the last 30 years is a hoax- but thankfully said clown will divulge the truth to we ignorant masses. "Says the clown, the only reason boats are faster than they were 30 years ago is because they just weigh less."

Thank you for imparting all of your wisdom upon us Bozo, and take care to not trip on your big floppy shoes on the way out the door.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
Seriously dude?! You're killing me.

You do know how they used to come up with their weight numbers, right? ROFLMAO....you read to much.

Please explain how a "full stagger" makes a boat faster? And you claim lighter weight had nothing to do with it?
C'mon, man...

I'm sorry, but sometimes people just say funny things.
He is right on the Fountains. Look at the Fountain 35 ICBM with full staggered 525s and then a model that is not the ICBM, and has 525s side by side. Fountain got that setup right, and the staggered setup with less drag does make the boat run faster.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:06 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

there is a lot in the mix today that boats have become faster -- props, higher X, some basically better hydrodynamic lower gear cases -- One case in point 2007 and up Volvo Penta gear case streamlined compared to 2006 and back. Materials used as a bottom design that does not flex has become a faster hull running thru the water. Plus overall weight reduction of boats, CNC materials for better fit and clearances and straightness, computer designs and of course engines seem to have more power and reliability built in currently than years past. Also a straighter bottom design added in the mix - that can come from better molds produced from however - cnc machines, better computer measuring equipment and so forth.