Notices

IMP Eleganza 235?

Old 01-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question IMP Eleganza 235?

Hey guys I have been looking for a Baja 24 or Formula to play with. I just want to have a smaller boat that I can have some fun with. For some reason the Baja's and Formula's seem to be up in value right now but I came across a 1988 IMP Eleganza 235 and seems to be built on a similar design. I can not find any info on this boat such as dead rise and stuff. Does anyone know anything about them or have any specs? I just want a decent hull design that will not limit my project. Right now it supposedly has a good running small block in it and an alpha drive. Boat is just about 3k and supposedly seaworthy as it sits. Future goals would be to play with an Turbo LS series in the boat, I have an extra bravo setup I could put on as I am sure I would have to raise the X anyway. But anything you guys could tell me about this boat would be useful as there is almost nothing I can find on google.

Thanks!
Kyle
Old 01-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a 1989 from about 1991 until this May. Mine had the 330 HP 7.4L engine with a Bravo drive. It was a 55 mph boat. Good solid boat. Got me back to the dock every time for 25 years. Bought it slightly used with 25 hours. If needed I could get with the current owner to have him measure the X dimension. IMP went out of business not long after these were built. I saw 3 of them on Grand Lake in Oklahoma in 25 years. Mine was yellow. There was another yellow one on the lake the year before I bought mine and and saw a red one once. They were built in Iola Kansas.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good info so it is not a slow hull. Boat has a SBC so I would assume 260hp, owner says he put roller rockers and a few other things in (I'm going to assume valve cover gaskets lol) so it is probably 5 hp over stock minus wear. Probably a 45 mpg boat as it sits? Do you know the deadrise of the hull? I had a boat of similar size with a 22* and one with a 24* and there was a HUGE difference when going out to Block Island.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never measured it. If you want to give me an email address in a PM I could send you a picture of the transom that might give you an idea.