Notices

Hammond Boats

Old 07-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevydan
Hey guys, I bought my Hammond in the summer of '06 in Edmonton, Canada, from a guy who had it for 20 years or so. It's an '81 that was painted about 15 years ago, and has a matching interior. Still has the stock 260hp motor and pre-Alpha drive. I live on the southwest coast of BC now and love to use my boat at Harrison Lake or Okanagan Lake. I have put aftermarket performance manifolds and thru-hull exhaust and my boat which makes it sound real nice. I may be interested in selling it but only because I want a larger boat.
if you still have it and want to part with it message me i may be interested i also live in the area
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered

I have been looking for years for one of these to restore and have had no luck at all.
I would like an I/O, if anyone knows of one in the N.Y.S. or N.east please let me know.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I have been looking for years for one of these to restore and have had no luck at all.
I would like an I/O, if anyone knows of one in the N.Y.S. or N.east please let me know.
i know of another one its about an 7 out of 10 original gel coat is starting to fade on top bottom of boat is minty 400 original hrs so they say the fin on the bottom of the leg is chewd up missing about an inch or so the cover is or bimmi top has a few small rips and is starting get dry rot but hey he only wants 12000 for it pffffffff ya right wake up dreamer not in this economy shes been sitting for 3 months for sale dont think its going anywhere fast wiating for a good fall deal if it dont go
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Registered

proud owner of an almoste mint original 81 hammond challenger only 114 hrs bought it from a widow it was her hubbys and has been in storage for over 20 years
Old 07-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Registered

i was trying to find information about hammond boats. i stumbled across this forum.. from reading what you guys say about them...seems like they are awesome boats..
i found a 1978 v1950 in my area. got the merc 165/merc outdrive.
its is very rough shape. the deck-hull joint is splitting on a good 3 feet on the left side, you can push the bottom in under the molding.
its my first boat project. i dont really know what im getting into but was wondering if it was worth restoring the old guy..??
what kind of fixing would the hull need? pricy? also the clear coat on the gel peelled off in a lot of areas. sand and respray? or am i looking into a regel?
hes asking 800 for it.. from what ive seen i wouldnt offer more than 500$

also are parts still available? if so where could them ?
thanks for your help

Last edited by tyrap26; 07-27-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Registered

Default Be Careful !

The Hammonds were built to be mass produced like the Glastrons using a chopper gun. So you may find some severe weaknesses on older hulls. And really check those Strykers also!
The layup details and materials were not as stringent as the usual high-performance company might utilize.

From what I hear the Superboat, The Shadow and the Tuff versions are quite solid and modern in construction.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Registered

Talking

Ryan00TJ

Great Hammond Challenger vid on Classic Glastrons!!

I almost bought one of those in 84... I drove to Phoenix from LA in August (118 degrees !) to see it but settled on a custom Hallett built here.

But yes I'd love to restore one also.

The SS drive... How cool is that? I haven't seen one of those in quite a while. It is more aerodynamic than any Bravo...even with a nose cone....however they do have power limitations and it seems you're running some pretty good horsepower there!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by garyoj
proud owner of an almoste mint original 81 hammond challenger only 114 hrs bought it from a widow it was her hubbys and has been in storage for over 20 years
Sounds like a great find, Gary! I never did get a chance to send any pics of mine to you tonight. The computer the pics are on is in rough shape and things take forever to do!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by garyoj
i know of another one its about an 7 out of 10 original gel coat is starting to fade on top bottom of boat is minty 400 original hrs so they say the fin on the bottom of the leg is chewd up missing about an inch or so the cover is or bimmi top has a few small rips and is starting get dry rot but hey he only wants 12000 for it pffffffff ya right wake up dreamer not in this economy shes been sitting for 3 months for sale dont think its going anywhere fast wiating for a good fall deal if it dont go
I wish him luck on that price, he doesn't really want to sell
Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chevydan
Sounds like a great find, Gary! I never did get a chance to send any pics of mine to you tonight. The computer the pics are on is in rough shape and things take forever to do!
dan would still love to see some pictures of her the through haul sound interesting theres another guy down here who wants one send me your pictures

Quick Reply: Hammond Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.