Lamborghini-Sunsation Combo Coming To The New York Boat Show

Notices

Lamborghini-Sunsation Combo Coming To The New York Boat Show

Old 01-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
If you are going to do a car themed boat.....you sir are the guru. I personally would've liked to have seen yours Lamborghini powered. But you have set the standard.

I get the partnerships between the companies and extra attention it would bring....who doesn't like a Lamborghini? But what got me with the article was the "Color matched". It was a white car and boat FFS! If it was Lamborghini yellow, green or orange ok mention its color matched....but white? Seriously!
Well, you might have me on a technicality as white is, by strict definition "the absence of color." However, as Manhattan Motorcars could have supplied an exotic automobile in a variety of colors the people there, per the request of Coty Marine's Dave Patnaude, provided one that most closely "matched" the color of the boat—hence the use of the term, "color-matched." Now, if I'd said "custom-painted to match," as in what Gino did with his boat to match his car, you'd really have something to gripe about.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I have an idea... make a bad-ass boat cool enough that "it" draws attention at a boat show!?
Jus' Sayin'
Old 01-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a little bit shocked about the 249K boat show price for a 32' center console boat.

Oh wait, that must be the boat and car. DUH

Last edited by ozarkdevil; 01-24-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Banned

While I like theme boats and some are cool. But from a show, sales and marketing perspective in these manufacture home markets. Its become predictable and boring. Like Cigarette has done the same AMG theme at Miami for the last 10 years.

This is not criticism, its reality. Recessions are the by product of any system. Its not if, but when we'll have one again. In 08 Canada had very little exposure in the global financial crisis. It was actually the start of a boom period here. Sure Florida and the east is most go fasts bread and butter market. What they all over look is the entire west coast is a under served market. Especially Canada. Sure the west coast is DCB's major market. Fact is most of the early M35 orders came from Canada and BC in particular.

Vancouver is a huge market for Mercedes Benz. Currently on Auto Trader there 1700 plus Mercedes new and used for sale. 32 are brand new AMG GT's. Last weekend was the Vancouver boat show. Here a Cigarette AMG edition would be huge news!

Vancouver is also a huge Lamborghini town. The on the water displays for the Vancouver boat show are held on Granville Island. Only one way in and out. It passes the Lamborghini dealer! A Sunsation Lambo combo would go over big here.

Anyway, in the next recession its better to spend sales and marketing dollars now in new markets while things are good. Less focus on Miami is not going to hurt sales much in good times. When the recession hits in the bread and butter market of Miami, when you are showing nothing new. Why bother buying a new one now.

Anyway, in their home market of the east these theme boats with AMG, Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc. Are zzzz, boring. But up here its new and exiting. It might be a small niche market in Vancouver. But when the recession does hit and it will eventually. That niche could mean the difference between bankruptcy and survival! Like in Miami even Cigarette also competes with used boats they made. Less used up here, we are more likely to buy new in bad times!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Banned

Oh in center consoles. A manufacture would only be competing with Boston Whaler here in Vancouver.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Well guys, pack it up. You know it and I know it... The performance boat scene is over. Once they start matching center consoles to Lamborghinis we may as well shut the doors.

Next month in Miami we'll have the Bayliner inspired by Hyundai and the Baja inspired by Pontiac Fiero.

At what point does someone just say, "Lets just not go there"

Last edited by Keith Atlanta; 01-24-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I must have missed where it said that Sunsation built a theme boat. I'm pretty sure that Sunsation is parking a Lambo next to a boat in the show to draw attention to the boat and advertising for an auto dealer. Big difference.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I must have missed where it said that Sunsation built a theme boat. I'm pretty sure that Sunsation is parking a Lambo next to a boat in the show to draw attention to the boat and advertising for an auto dealer. Big difference.
That's funny, I missed it too—and I wrote the story.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Registered

Baja does not equal Pontiac in my book = no more Pontiac
Old 01-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Well guys, pack it up. You know it and I know it... The performance boat scene is over. Once they start matching center consoles to Lamborghinis we may as well shut the doors.

Next month in Miami we'll have the Bayliner inspired by Hyundai and the Baja inspired by Pontiac Fiero.

At what point does someone just say, "Lets just not go there"
Why is that...some of todays CC's out run what we once thought were fast for offshore boats, 75mph+.

CC market is hot and Some builders are seeing great speeds in them, so not sure how you correlate why "they should not go there".

Last edited by Nate5.0; 01-24-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.