Notices

NYC Boat Show

Old 01-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Question NYC Boat Show

I just did the NYC Boat Show. I'm always disapointed afterwards, but I keep going. Say's a lot about me!!! Only 1 "performance" boat. A cc Sunsation.Why don't performance boat company's attend? Is the market that soft? Is there any boat show in the NY/NJ area that has performance boats?
Old 01-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to Hear, You saved me a trip
Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Any show dated near or close to the Miami event is going to suffer. Miami is the kick off and debut of most all boat related items. I cant see many manufactures (especially in the performance market) trying to do a bunch of shows prior and still keep their new stuff in wraps and ready for Miami.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I can imagine what it cost for a booth in NYC.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Toronto International Boat Show!

A friend of mine attended the Toronto Boat Show and said there were no Performance Boats there. It would of been a waste of time and money to attend.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

It never has been a high performance show and now with this offshore niche on life support it wouldn't make financial sense to set up for a booth either.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
It never has been a high performance show and now with this offshore niche on life support it wouldn't make financial sense to set up for a booth either.

While I agree with your statement, keep in mind Powerplay brought their 38 to the NYC show when it was new.

Boat shows in general are money makers for the promoter, time/money wasters for the manufacturers. My brother in law was in the yacht business for years and a big show like Ft Lauderdale would cost them 500K to attend. Crazy part was if you didn't attend, other manufacturers would start the rumor that you couldn't afford to attend, not sure you were in business any longer etc.

The internet is your boat show now.......find that hard to find boat anywhere in the world!
Old 01-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a 39 NorTech 390CC with triple 400's.a couple of Formula's and a pair of Wellcraft Scarab CC's in the Toronto show. I know not what some would call Hi-Perf but.

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Toronto International Boat Show!

A friend of mine attended the Toronto Boat Show and said there were no Performance Boats there. It would of been a waste of time and money to attend.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Allrisks
There is a 39 NorTech 390CC with triple 400's.a couple of Formula's and a pair of Wellcraft Scarab CC's in the Toronto show. I know not what some would call Hi-Perf but.
My friend never told me about them, I consider them Performance Boats. Thanks
Old 01-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

The internet is your boat show now.....
I just looked at the websites for 4 of my favorite performance builders.... I won't name names, but one shows "2011 new boat specials", another shows a 2007 copyright date, and the third has a mid-90's brochure picture on the homescreen (despite the fact that they have good, recent aerial pics of current models). Only one of the four has an updated website exactly like nothing else.
Excluding the cult site, with no boat show presence and that type of web presence, it's no shock the local lakes are getting proliferated with pontoons and wakeboard boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.