Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34433-ohio-osoers-central-ohio-fall-shootout.html)

Flyinbrian 10-15-2002 01:19 PM

Luv-N-It is right, there are other ramps that you will have to yourself out there. If the DNR shows up, they will be at the ramp by the marina.

What's a couple days in jail anyway?:rolleyes:

JUSTONCE 10-15-2002 01:23 PM

LUV-N-IT : if the weather holds ill be there with my friend and his 34' scarab, makes alot of noise how can we get a hold of you to find these ramps and how big are the ramps,

Luv-N-It 10-15-2002 01:34 PM

Here is my email address: [email protected]

I know the ramp I go to has handled 34' foot boats before. Plenty of room between the docks at the one I use all the time. To be honest, I have never used the marina ramps since I have started boating at Alum Creek. Why? I don't know. I like using the one over by the Dam, typically called Africa Rd. launch ramp.

If you email me, I will gladly give you my phone number with directions to this ramp or heck I can even post directions if people would like an alternative launching ramp other than the marina.

Mike

HyperBaja 10-15-2002 02:26 PM

Originally posted by ALFSTER
I was told by a DNR officer that it is a complaint generated law,someone has to complain before they will check you,or if there is a posted noise ordinance.
True, but look at how cash strapped Ohio is now, at the marina (Alum Creek) they dont have the money to cut all the grass. If they get wind that 100 performance boats will be there, they will be all over, trying to get any of the money that will be sitting there....

ALFSTER 10-15-2002 02:44 PM

If I get a ticket,do you think they'll let me cut some grass to pay it off?:D

Rick252 10-15-2002 02:46 PM

Luv N It, Flyinbrian, Hyperbaja

Is there a good place to watch the action. I'm gonna come up Sunday. but will be dry. Boat is all put away at Cumberland?

250 sport 10-15-2002 03:02 PM

Alfster, I'm sure they will but it will be on the wrong side of the fence. Mabey I should bring my mufflers-just incase they don't enjoy big block music. :D

Flyinbrian 10-15-2002 03:03 PM

Bum a ride!!!

Also, the ramp at the marina will have most of the action. They will have to go past the ramp to wind them up, either way.

These guys might know of a better place, but that would be my recommendation.

Bumming a ride is the best route!

If I can get my lower unit fixed in time, I will have the Skater there. If not, I will borrow, (steal), my Dad's 18 foot Laser.

Luv-N-It 10-15-2002 03:08 PM

I don't agree with that Tommy, at all. I have personally viewed and talked with DNR while people have swung off ropes in the swimmers cove. I asked are you going to write a ticket? He said no. People are going to do it. I know I don't work at the marina, but I do know if they are that strapped for money, they would be all over the lake writing tickets for everything and that is not the case at all. I have never been harassed by any DNR at Alum Creek. One thing I do know, they enforce running on plane at night and your registration. Maybe they are money strapped, but if they wanted to make up for it, they could.

Therefore friends, make sure you sticker is up to date on your boat!

Rick252, if my boat is not full, you can ride with me, but I am expecting a full boat. If you email me on Friday I can confirm this.
I would like to have you join us. I would think you could get a good view of the action from the marina, beach, Cheshire Rd. ramps, or there is a park off St Rt. 36/37 at the Creek at the bridge heading heading east!

Here is my email address [email protected]

HyperBaja 10-15-2002 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
[B]I don't agree with that Tommy, at all. I have personally viewed and talked with DNR while people have swung off ropes in the swimmers cove. I asked are you going to write a ticket? He said no. People are going to do it. I know I don't work at the marina, but I do know if they are that strapped for money, they would be all over the lake writing tickets for everything and that is not the case at all. I have never been harassed by any DNR at Alum Creek. One thing I do know, they enforce running on plane at night and your registration. Maybe they are money strapped, but if they wanted to make up for it, they could.
I agree partly. Show me where in the regulation book it says SPECIFICALLY you cannot jump off of a rope swing. The closest you will find is that you need to swim in a "swim zone" anywhere not in a swim zone, they will do a safety check and can get you for 90$ for each person in the water. BUT NOTICE the rope swing is in a BOAT SWIM ZONE (EMPHASIZE BOAT) As long as you get off a boat to get to the rope swing, they cant do jack. If you do come to the swing by walking, then they can get you for trespassing (on state park land??? beats me....).

Tommy
There is always a way around their thoughts. :D