Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34433-ohio-osoers-central-ohio-fall-shootout.html)

THRILLSEEKER 10-18-2002 11:25 AM

Twin o/b, nope not bringinn the boat she is done for the year. I have got to replace the cams:mad: :mad: I am going to have to bum a ride from somebody:rolleyes:

khadley 10-18-2002 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Lambchop77

What are you talking about?

Now we're in classes? WTF? :confused:

apples to oranges? 31-foot VS 36-foot? Horsepower VS Horsepower?

Whatever. We may be new to your board, but we're definetely not new to speedboats.

Bring your apples and oranges..........or lemons, and we'll Run-What-You-Brung.

How 'bout that?

do you really compare a $600,000 race boat with 700 inch motors and number 6 drives to a $100,000 pleasure boat with 500 inch motors and bravo drives? I think there is a little difference there:confused:

as far as your eggbeater sorry I mean outboard boats there is a bigger difference does your boat have a cuddy? mine does so does merlin540's yeah it's only 7 feet longer but it also weighs 8000 lbs how much does yours weigh?

In a drag race you should beat an 8000 lb boat but in the long run you can NEVER keep up with it I heard charlie out ran your 24 skater at cesears did he? wasn't that more like a drag race?

and.... I got your lemon
:eek:

birdog 10-18-2002 02:44 PM

All I gotta say is...............I can't run with ANY of you cat guys up there but.............It sure is gonna be fun to watch !!!!!!!!!:D

Sunday will tell who "Walks the Walk" !

JUSTONCE 10-18-2002 02:50 PM

guys i'm outa popcorn anybody got a refil:D :D :D

Luv-N-It 10-18-2002 03:00 PM

Originally posted by birdog
All I gotta say is...............I can't run with ANY of you cat guys up there but.............It sure is gonna be fun to watch !!!!!!!!!:D

Sunday will tell who "Walks the Walk" !

I second that:D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

Flyinbrian 10-18-2002 03:08 PM

birdog, I'm with you brother!!!

So all weights and $$$$ aside, who is going to be the first from one end to the other????

Isn't that how you determine who the fastest of the lake is?

Big cubic inch cat?
Smaller eggbeater cat?
Unknown vee bottom with big cubes?
Little single outboard tunnel or vee?
V-drive hydro???

Who is it????

JUSTONCE 10-18-2002 03:17 PM

turbine powered jet ski:p

THRILLSEEKER 10-18-2002 03:24 PM

One other thing to consider is a lot of theese boats may be able to see speeds over 100 but how many of them can go over 60 in any kind of rough water:p Lets all go up to lake erie and see just who is the 1st one to the island:eek: I bet anything that its not a short cat:p :D :D You can call our heavy V hulls sleds if you want but they have their purpose and they can run their speeds in almost any conditions that you throw at them;)

There! I did my part to stir up some chit:D :D

No disrespect inteded towards anyone by this post!:cool:

JUSTONCE 10-18-2002 03:28 PM

thrillseeker: that I like the sound of. short run from say sankusy bay to put in bay:D

Allan4 10-18-2002 03:28 PM

Hey Birddog, right onman!!!!!

Can't wait to see the show, better have the video cam charged up and ready to rock.

I'll tell ya though, you gotta love a boat that will run 120+ and step over 5 foot cruiser waves like they were from a Seadoo. I rode in merlin's boat last year with the old motors at 114 gps thru downtown and we stepped over a set of cruiser waves that would have sent many boats (including mine) to the muddy bottom of the Ohio river. I don't care how "quick" a boat is, it will take alot for me to be distracted from that type of engineering and sheer unadulterated horsepower. Then consider the engineering that allows you to not only run 120's, but do it with 5 people in your boat, in any weather, over all sorts of water for as many miles as you want, then park it and sleep 2-3 people comfortably for the night. If you don't appreciate all that goes into the ability of these things then you are sprinkling too much opium on your cereal.

That being said, as I stated before, anything that runs over 80 on water is pretty dag-gone neat in my book. I'm not a big outboard guy, but I think they are cool and like to watch them run. I know it takes much time and philosophy to dial them is as well, but some of you guys are overlooking some pretty important stuff. The smaller o/b's boats are pretty limited in what they can run, where and how hard. Don't confuse a quick spurt or drag in a feather light boat to what sort of power it requires to move 8k# of mass stabily (is that a word?) over water. However, put the o/b's on a flat inland scenario running straight and they are right at home and hard to beat. Which makes it even more impressive that the big boats can even run with, let alone outrun, the 0/b's in there own back yard and perfect conditions. All this s*** is really cool, and I get a huge kick out of it, but keep it in context as far as overall ability. Basically like brigning a suburban to a drag strip and beating almost everyone there, including the hyped up toyotas. Then taking it out that night to party in with 7 of your best friends, and sleeping in it when you get too hammered to drive home....HAHAHAHAAAA.........

Alllrriiiggghhttyyy then..........36 hours and counting. By the way, latest forecast is 55 and partly cloudy. No Rain.

By the way, any other under 80 vee's gonna be around???? It would be nice to have someone to race.......:D :D Out.:D :D