Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout. >

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Notices

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Old 10-18-2002, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gary

Can I eat, sleep, and puke on your boat?

I think there is a cuddy in the bow of my Skater, I just can't seem to get myself wedged in-between the seat and the dash enough to see for sure what it looks like.

Race or whatever, I plan on heading north to Erie next season for some fun!!!!

Is it spring yet?
Wait, is it Sunday yet?
Old 10-18-2002, 11:26 PM
Registered

Will someone please bring the rule book Sunday. This way I can make sure I am running this event legally.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Every boat is going to have its strong points. Some are strong in rough, some are strong in calm. There are boats set up for top speed and some set up for acceleration.

My point is a guy will have to bring at least a couple of boats to do all of this. You want to play acceration and calm come mess with the 21'. You want to play rough water and top end. Go play with the AO. I will say this. When Matt gets on here with his 32' w/ #6's. A few of you want to talk it down like it should not be apart of this event. That boat does not count. That his boat has no hard work put into it. He must of forked out $300,000 and it was turn key. Well I will say this. I built that F#@King boat and spent 2 years tuning and tweaking it. It runs some impressive numbers, but that doesn't mean a thing, it was turn key. I think it runs 45mph. That is 8 mph faster than my 21'.

Again I ask, for all of you who shoot down myself and a few others on here. How many of you guys own 100mph+ boats, or in the marine business or run on a pro boat circuit. Nobody has bothered to reply. By the way a lot of you talk. You should be able to reply to at least one of these.

One more thing. I see guys posting a bunch of this my friend my uncle's boat crap. Bring your boat!! If your uncle or friend comes, let them tell us about how fast they are.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Lambchop77

Originally posted by khadley

do you really compare a $600,000 race boat with 700 inch motors and number 6 drives to a $100,000 pleasure boat with 500 inch motors and bravo drives? I think there is a little difference there

as far as your eggbeater sorry I mean outboard boats there is a bigger difference does your boat have a cuddy? mine does so does merlin540's yeah it's only 7 feet longer but it also weighs 8000 lbs how much does yours weigh?

In a drag race you should beat an 8000 lb boat but in the long run you can NEVER keep up with it I heard charlie out ran your 24 skater at cesears did he? wasn't that more like a drag race?

and.... I got your lemon
Obviously, you don't read every post.

I said earlier that the AO went by me.

Try re-reading my posts...........................slowly.

Old 10-19-2002, 07:04 AM
Registered

this sounds like fun we will see if we cant show up if we can find the time!!.....are any factory class boat planning on being there??
Old 10-19-2002, 07:25 AM
Registered

RULE #1 THRU #10
Attached Thumbnails OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout.-mvc-002f.jpg  
Old 10-19-2002, 08:33 AM
Registered

Default JAQ ASS (lambchop)

Just curious if you still go back to your high school and try to pick up girls. Anyways I really think the point is that most of you are in a position to afford this kind of fun and should appreciate it. It sounds like there are a couple of trust fund kids buying boats on this thread.
Sincerely,
Somerset Houseboats Poker run Team Member
Old 10-19-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Lamb

I don't personally feel like anyone is shooting down anybody. People are poking fun and trash talking and poking fun about "this vs that" etc, it's all in good fun. Other members are just stating their opinions in an open forum....If YOU don't like this thread, site, or board then use your right to not sign on and not participate.

I think you'll find most members who own 100+ mph boats are just everyday guys who arn't involved in any type of circuits or racing. I do own a 100+ mph boat and I exercise my right and judgement to respond to what I choose...like many other members. When my bottle is full and open there are few boats that can deal with the incredible acceleration of a fogged 632" race motor in a "relatively light" (4000#) hull. When the squeeze is not used it still pulls hard and still runs over 100. Can I be beat on any given day by someone, sure. A dialed in pair of outboards pushing a light hull is a nasty combo to have to deal with....but hey thats what makes it all so fun.

I'm with allan4, I think any boat that runs over 80 and certainly over 100 is awesome. Bigblocks, smallblocks, multiple outboards, doesn't matter what the power is.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally posted by LambRB
Will someone please bring the rule book Sunday. This way I can make sure I am running this event legally.

One more thing. I see guys posting a bunch of this my friend my uncle's boat crap. Bring your boat!! If your uncle or friend comes, let them tell us about how fast they are.
On the first thing, do you mean a DNR book? If so, I can get one.

On the second, the only time I said something about friends uncle was about Walter's Spectre.

by the way, my uncles friends parents dog's sisters owners know someone who met someone who has a 150+ mph boat just kidding!
Old 10-19-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally posted by HyperBaja

On the first thing, do you mean a DNR book? If so, I can get one.

On the second, the only time I said something about friends uncle was about Walter's Spectre.

by the way, my uncles friends parents dog's sisters owners know someone who met someone who has a 150+ mph boat just kidding!
I was talking about a APBA rule book on racing. I was kidding.

Everybody has said to be king of the lake you need to do this or do that. Well it is like this. We all no someone who is faster. I chose to race when the conditions are safe. Speaking of safe. How many of you have crashed at 100 mph or faster? Not fun. Call me sometime. I love telling my crash stories.

HyperBaja, that comment was not directed at you. I forgot you said that earlier in this thread. I did want to tell you that it was sold. I was just told 2 days ago that the bank sold it and that the guy who bought it. He already has it for sale. Figure that one out. The marina in FL told me that the boat had been in the salt a lot. He said it was showing some corrosion on all of the motors and hardware. I never got to run him, but my brother did. He said it hauled butt. At Caesars last year. He ran 117 on the gun. That is very respectable.

HyperBaja, If you want a ride. Look me up. I'm bringing my 21' and the 30'. Don't know on the race boat. We have to bring the rig down and I don't know if the DNR will like that. I thought about putting it on a road trailer, but same deal. That boat may be enough to set the DNR off. Anyone else who wants a ride in a slow boat. Just ask!!
Old 10-19-2002, 10:04 AM
Registered

Thankfully i have never crashed at any speed I will look you up tomorrow.

Quick Reply: OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.