Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout. >

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Notices

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Old 10-22-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rbtnt
We saw a lot of nice looking fast boats and maybe we will see some of you in a couple of weeks if the Cincy thing happens.
O.K. Cincy boys and surrounding boating guys, organize something for us and you know you will get a response with people showing up.

Maybe someone could give Chris @ Riendel Powerboats a yell and include him with this one. I know he wanted to come to Alum Creek, but had previous commitments.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Allan4

MAN, that was a good time in Sunday!!!!!!!

Nice to meet all you guys, even the Lamb boys.... (after we all crapped eachother out for a week here on OSO!). Good job to all drivers, I didn't see any stupid moves or driving. Nice job, especially considering there was atleast 15 100mph+ boats present. (unfortunately I was not one of them HeHeHe.....)

I knew it was no ordinary day on the lake when 1.) It took about 30 minutes for the steering fluid to warm up so I could drive the damn thing and 2.) the first boat I raced was a "family edition" 23 Checkmate. We began our run and were pacing each ohter, so I pin it and start pulling away.......and then......like I was in reverse this little rocket rips past me. Ofcourse I had to catch up with him and see just WTF he was running. 800 hp turbo charged 540ci. Holy piss, that thing is outrageous. GPS 101!!!!!!!! (only hit 94 when he passed me though....POS..HAHAHAAA) When was the last time a late 80's Checkmate made you look like a two pump chump????? UNREAL!!!!

Some just flat out awesome equipment up there. Lots of makes......Cig, Apache, Eliminator, Skater, Baja, Fountain, Sanger, Velocity.....and a several more I am sure I am missing.

The eggbeaters ran well, no doubt. That 21 is super freakin' fast, so you can't take anything from it, but I have to STRICTLY diasagree with learndfromthebest. That Eliminator was not broke. There was no rod "thru the oil pan" as suggested. I sat there and watched him run the motor while squirting a bottle of fuel into the intake (well, atleast where the intake is on a NORMAL motor....HAHAHHA....that thing is craziness!!). He ran it for about 15 seconds or so. If you have ever heard a rod let go, it sounds like someone is banging a hammer into an empty paint can. We would have know if something broke, period. He ran it until he had no more fuel to squirt into the thing. NO BREADOWN, just ran her dry on fuel. So , no more of this "he broke trying to chase the 21" crap, let's be straight up about what took place.

Todd, you are being straight about the races, good too see that. Either way, both boats were impressive, although I have to say that twin turbo Eliminator was pretty freakin' wicked!!!!

So, what a blast, nice meetingyou all. I hope we can run next weekend in Cincy. If anyone wants to head down a week from Saturday or Sunday, I'm sure there will be a healthy crew present. We have about 10-12 of us just from Cincy. About 1 1/2 hours from Alum Creek. Easy to find, the ramp (schmidt field is only about 5 miles to the east of down town)

Hey Packin' get those pictures rolling......by the way, I ran 2 times more than anyone, I raced every single boat out there and there is 1 FREAKIN PICTURE OF MY BOAT!!!!!!! You suck.........

LAter guys, hope you all can make it to Cincy. The River is glass this time of year. If one area is a little rough, all you have to do is go around a bend and the wind won't be a factor. Not hard to find glass water anytime of year at some location, let alone in late fall. Besides, how many of you have ever been 100+ thru downtown Cincy!!!!!?????!!!!! Worth the trip, becasue the Coasties won't be out and they keep an eye on that stuff in the summer. Bring you video cams......Later....Allan

Oh yeah, brian, nice job on the organization, and thanks for the comments on the Baja.......time for a blower!!

One more thing, either Chris or Jeff from Reindl wil be there if we all get together. They are about 20 minutes form the river.

Old 10-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Allan4

One more thing, I too had a run in with the Ceaser's collection agent, showed at up ITLLFLI's house dressed like a pink flamingo with cowboy boots and a big foam cowboy hat looking for packin'air to pay his "favors" tab.........straaaannngggeeeeee.

Old 10-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

Where do you think packinair got that gallon of Captain Morgan's????? Maybe, Caesar's????

Allan, I took quite a few pics of your Baja airing it out with the 35mm. I am taking them in to get developed tonight. I'll scan them and post them here when I get them back.

By the way, I did not organize that. That just so happened to be a day on the water where a bunch of hotboats showed up to go "boating".
Old 10-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

brian that bottle of captains came from the liquor store known as the bilge.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

With the jellow shot mold!!!
LOL, that was great!!! Sitting there hearing the description of those oh wait... packin air digging in the bilge, theres one!!
Old 10-22-2002, 05:52 PM
packinair

Originally posted by Flyinbrian

I am taking them in to get developed tonight. I'll scan them and post them here when I get them back.

OK MR. F*ING 10 am
Attached Images  

Old 10-22-2002, 05:54 PM
packinair

and inresponse to these MONSTER jello shots and gallons of captain morgan!!! I am not sure I know what you guys are talking about

Old 10-22-2002, 09:07 PM
packinair

some Good pics of boats "screamin" anf 'Flyin" on another site are up

Old 10-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by packinair
and inresponse to these MONSTER jello shots and gallons of captain morgan!!! I am not sure I know what you guys are talking about
Packinair, your name isnt "Morgan"? Sorry about that "Captain"
just messin with you

Tommy

Quick Reply: OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.