Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OHIO OSOer's!  Central Ohio fall shootout. >

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Notices

OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Old 10-09-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just qurious guys, but for as many boats that are supposedly going to show up, is there going to be enough parking spaces for all of theese long rigs???

Just something to think about.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

Not to be a post whore but, I just thought it would be nice if someone has or can get a huge OSO banner that we can fly to inform all of the non board members that will be there about OSO.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

I like the banner idea.
Would this work?
If someone has a banner, but isn't coming, they could mail it to one of the OSOer's going to use that Sunday, then mail it back on Monday.

Being so late in the year, parking shouldn't be an issue. The marina's lot is a stone's throw away from the ramp lot, so people could park over there too.

I that filled up, there are four other ramps you could put in at, all pretty close by. There will be enough local people around to get directions from. From the marina ramp it would be, turn left, turn left again, then turn left to the ramp entrance.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Fyinbrian
You have mail
Old 10-09-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

Todd Lamb here. There will be 50 plus cats and I don't know on the vees. I would guess 50 Plus. Everything from STVs to 30 plus skaters and spectres. There are several ramps around the lake to use. Parking is usually not a problem. You can use the grass in a lot of the areas. There are 12 cat boats from Indian Lake area coming. (1) 21' skater w/ twins, (4) 24' skaters, (1) 25' motion, (1) 25 eliminator, (3) 28' skaters, and (2) 30' spectres 1 with 300X's and the opther with inboards. There are a few more cat boats that may come.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

I'm...Luv-N-It
Old 10-09-2002, 02:15 PM
Registered

SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!

You can add one small 20 ft. outlaw to the list!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

Aqua-holic-

It's not only offshore powerboats, I'm hearing of quite a few outboard powered 18 foot rockets planning on being there.

It looks like the whole spectrum will be covered!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow hotboaters.

I checked with the US Corps of Engineers today, they told me that the water was down only 5 feet from normal. Normal depths are 50-60 foot range near the dam and 20-30 in the middle. They drop it an inch every day of October and November to a level 3 feet higher than it is now for he winter, so if we get any rain between now and then, they said they would hold it to keep the level up. Since it is already 3 feet from where they want it, they told me that they're not letting as much out.

Basically, it looks good for us that weekend, don't cruise 10 feet off the shoreline and expect to be in 30 feet of water. It's plenty wide and plenty deep for us to have all kinds of boats out there. There aren't really any underwater obstructions to be aware of or anyhting, just expect shallow water in coves and very close to shore, as you would at just about any lake.

Just thought I would inform everyone of that, since some of you may be unfamiliar with this lake.

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited by Flyinbrian; 10-09-2002 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Just for your info. the fountain with the red/blue graphics with the 600 Lingerfelt motor does fly! The guy who owns it name, Mark. Really nice guy. By the way, has NOS too!

Can't wait for the 20th. Man, I have cancelled a small marathon to make it

Mike
nitrous!?!?! he blows out enough drives w/o it!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Registered

Dock Q--
Spoke with a friend....
Nov 1st

If you dont boat there much or know the DNR, PRAY that Kurt wont be there. He is scary. He patrols with a loaded 12 gauge....

Last edited by HyperBaja; 11-28-2002 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: OHIO OSOer's! Central Ohio fall shootout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.