If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    95 Wellcraft Nova

Talking Dear Abby, should I sell the boat?

Dear Abby,

After I retired, I moved to Florida and met a new fishing buddy named Sam. Sam loves to fish as much as I do. My wife does not enjoy fishing and has always felt that I spend too much time fishing. My wife does not enjoy the rocking of the boat at sea, gets her seasick, whereas Sam enjoys it and says it gives her sea legs.

Since the wife has never met Sam, I showed her a picture of Sam holding up two nice bass that we caught yesterday.

Now the wife says that I can't go fishing with Sam anymore and wants me to sell the boat. I guess the wife doesn't like me enjoying myself with my fishing buddy!

Maybe it's because Sam is a better fisherman than her, I don't know. I need your help.

What should I do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue fishing with Sam, OR quit fishing and sell the boat?

Please help me out here. Have a look at the nice fish we caught.

A Florida Bass Fisherman

Attached Images Attached Images

Were doomed! Charter Member Wally's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Chris Craft Stinger 222
    Chicago, IL
    Dear Florida Bass Fisherman,

You should listen to your wife! Get rid of everything and take up checkers! Give sam my number and i'll be over this afternoon to buy the boat off you!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Offshore Addiction
    dear florida fisherman.....keep the boat and sell the wife,as for sam,send her down hear and I'll take up fishin!!!!!!!

keep the boat and SAM.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    I found another pic of Sam! I did not realize she was such a good fishing AND drinking buddy!

Attached Images Attached Images