Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cordless Drills

OT-- Cordless drills
Who makes the best one --14.4V ---18V
Old 10-05-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have the best luck w/ the dewalts. Make sure not to get a referbed unit and make sure it's the high torque commercial unit not the consumer/ price point model. Dewalt just came out w/ a new charger that will totally drain the battery for you and then recharge to achieve the best charge and battery life. We have found the best pricing so far to be at Grabber on Patterson south of 44th st. We have have real good luck w/ Milwaukee on the larger (cannot remember if 18,20 or 22 volt package kits where you get a cordless, sawzall, circular saw, and one other thing (a light?). We buy those from Hoeksema on 28th in Grandville. Let me know if you want me to check my pricing against yours at either of these places. As you know, sometimes the large home centers sell stuff cheaper than our commercial outlets, just have to make sure you're getting the same models.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:31 PM
Intolerant1

Depends on the use. DeWalts are great. If its just for homeowner use, I bought a Craftsman (Sears) 18 volt a year ago and have used/abused it alot. They had it on sale at the time with a carrying case and some bits and stuff for under $100. I have seen it on sale from time to time and I think its up to 19 volt now.

Old 10-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Snap On. Without a doubt the best cordless I've ever had and it's only the 14.4v, they also have an 18.8 volt model. they're not cheap but very powerful. They also make a great battery impact. Same batteries as the drills and you can dismantle an entire engine with it, Head bolts, main caps and all. No need for air hoses or extension cords with these.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cordless drill

im partial to the Dewalt 18v. im in the construction biz and weve been using the same drills and batteries for over two years now.
dropped off ladders thrown around takes a beating. very reliable and a **** load of torque.

contrary to a previous post, i buy all factory reconditioned dewalts and havent had a problem with anything yet..
Saved alot of money too.

second choice ....Porter Cable

check Tool Crib.com or Harbor Freight tools ..both sell factory reconditioned tools

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 10-05-2002 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cordliss drill

I bought a Ryobi 18 volt a year ago and have built my garage and truck port with it and not a single problem with it, and lots of power. I am very hard on suff and killed a Mackita(sp) 9.6 in two months building my deck. The ryobi was $89 at Home depot with case charger and two batterys. Cant beat that. Charlie
Old 10-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys
I am looking to replace my 1 year old MAKITA 14.4 that started to have problems shortly after purchase and now it wont charge the batteries properly.

Bill what model of the DEWALTS 14.4 or 18 comercial drill do you buy and what is the cost???

I am not looking for a hammer or impact drill.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Registered

Default cordless drill

DW 987 K

heavy duty commercial grade 1/2 " chuck
450 ft/lb torque w/ two batteries

269.00 but you can get factory recon. for generally under 200.00
Old 10-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll pull an invoice Monday and let you know. BTW, we do not like Dewalt cordless hammerdrills. Cordless screwguns and drywall guns only. We have purchaseed many refurb units and have had spotty luck w/ them, that is why I personally don't recommend them. They do appear to be brand new units w/ an R stamped in them, but we tossed about 10 of them last year. Just don't trust them anymore. Maybe it was bad luck. One of the best things about the Dewalts is the battery will get a full charge on the charger before wearing out the one in the gun, even under constant use. I don't personally use these guns, but I have about 35 guys telling me what they like and don't like and why.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Banned

Intolerent, I have the same one as you. I happened to be at Sears buying a new tool set, when they came out and were putting things on a clearance table. They had the whole set marked $49, and only had one, I snapped it up. I'm pretty sure it was mismarked, because they had the same drill, without the set on the same table for $99. Very happy with it so far.

Quick Reply: Cordless Drills

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.