If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    St. Louis

Ford Engine Chip

I just sold a 2000 f-250 2wd to my father inlaw, it has a 5.4 ltr engine, I was telling him about the chips for the PSD, He asked if they made a chip for his engine.

DO THEY.

Randy Wild

Check with There are also some sponsors on this site who sell chips.

My Boats:
    1984 Chris Cat
    Troy, Mich

Try them.

Make great chips for GM and I think Ford now too.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    I sell several different brands . Western Diesel, Banks , ATS, Superchips , hypertech, BD, Diablo, etc. On the Ford gas engine , the Super chip works the best !! Don't use the programmers . Put a real chip in it . The factory computer will eat away at the program from the "Programmer " . It will get weaker as time goes on and can cause shifting problems . The programers usualy use more gas too . Super chips has already discontinuded their diesel programer . If you have quesions ,e-mail me at : [email protected] I'll try to point you in the right direction . The Gas engine chips are cheaper then the diesels too . Good luck , JOE

My Boats:
    Powerplay 33 Sportdeck
    Check out
    They have done my gas and diesel trucks and both perform great!

Hey Joe, Could you give a little more information on the program being eaten. This is the first I've heard of this. How does this happen without affecting other setpoints of the program.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    The trucks have memory capability in the computers . (At least fords do ,Not sure about others ,) They adjust to your way driving . I'm not realy sure why you would need this . My opinion is step on it if you want more and go easy if you don't ! But anyway , The computer compensates to your driving needs and forms a patern to suposedly make things more to your liking . When you add a chip , (The right chip ) It mostly takes over the whole system and bypasses most of the computer . The more simple and cheaper chips just add info to your computer instead . This added info is proccessed and is also recalibrated by the computer . So it's like like 2 different computers fighting each other and in the end , the truck wins . When you use a programmer , You are only adding info with nothing to back it up (NO CHIP) . The factory computer will eat away at this over time and things will change . Also if you change chips as I do all the time , to try different programs , or different makers, You must delete this memory from the trucks computer . Because if you had a chip in and take it out , it will still have some of the old one in the memory .

I just did this with mine . 2002 ford , tri power from western diesel . The full package makes up to 160 hp . I took it out and just put a 50 hp chip in it with out doing a memory delete.
    DAM !! It had so much power I thought it was going to rip the tires off !!! So it took what it knows about that 160 hp and added more from the 50 hp chip . That was a shock !! But I wanted to see if it was true ,and YES it was !

HAd another one were a guy had the superchips programmer installed in florida . His exhaust temps were 1500 + !! With just the truck !! And very little horse power gain . ( Suposed to be 80hp) I took it out and put the 'WD' 75hp chip in . It had much better power and only 1150 degrees on exhaust . THEN ,, in only 2 weeks , It started feeling week ....... I did the computer memory delete on it and it got real strong like it should be and has been for some time now . So even the programer that I removed still had a little battle left in it for the chip . But it's strange that it had less power then more , like mine did . Of course I'm talking diesels here but the gas motors have this memory "problem" too. HOpe this help a little , JOE