43.00%
apache
57.00%
Voters: 814. You may not vote on this poll

cigarette or apache?

Old 02-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have not had ANY experiance with stepped Cigs.

Called Lipship awhile back inquiring about the all white 42 with 900s and 6s. Phil totally discouraged me on that boat vs a new stepped Tiger with less power and bravos.

At this point I will still only have and/or consider Speedmaster boats, so no dice for me. For the time being I think my conv bottom Cig is best for me. Love the way it seems to stay hooked up better that the bravo boats, not to mention the failure issues.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Registered

Hey Zoom..I`ve seen your cig several times on the lake and on the cops runs....Nice! What year is it and what do you have for power and drives?...................Roger 1
Old 02-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Registered

Thanks Roger,

94 650 and 3A's
Old 02-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Again, very nice boat Zoomnfun!
Old 02-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by Zoomnfun
G you and I are always in trouble aren't we?

Dean
You know how we do it troublemaker

G
Old 02-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

The previous owner is a NEAT and DETAIL FREAK to say the least, b4m can offer an opinion if he wishes to.

He is the only guy I know that you have on your boat and he asks to the try and be more considerate of the boats mint condition.....hahaha.

As a guest he also takes over ALL the cleaning tasks, we are very lucky to have it.

Of course the real gift is a wife that supports any mods that make the go faster, she hates to lose races.

Thanks guys, nice of you to say.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Registered

TooOld - you should know, you have one of the REAL Cigarettes that set their standards back then!
So based on that line of reasoning any of the newer Cigarettes are in the same class as maybe a Bayliner, eh Steve......this type of analogy you seem so adept at is very reminiscent of your comparisons of Powerplays during your employment at Active thunder......Quite frankly I for one dont hold much stock in your opinion around here Steve.....I have no axe to grind with Apache, I like em....but to dis Cigarette to further your cause is BS.....but coming from you it shouldnt surprise me......Rich
In my opinion, many of todays boats wouldn't last in true offshore racing...for instance, the Cigarette "Yachts International"

Last edited by Spitfire1; 02-25-2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Zoomnfun
The previous owner is a NEAT and DETAIL FREAK to say the least, b4m can offer an opinion if he wishes to.
Oh you want my opinion.....
I think present owner is a freak too...you bilge monkey!
Your the only wack i know that uses detail spray back there.
And as for that "650" number..........
Old 02-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by SPWilson
QUESTION:
Do you guys (and luci) think that these newer/lighter boats ride the same as the older boats? Do you think a newer Cigarette will "hang" with an older Cig in the rougher waters?
I've ridden in Dman's boat (1000hp/#6/Full Cabin) at 100 mph and have been in Jeffrey's (740hp/Bravo/F2) boat at close to 100 mph, both in light chop with a swell mixed in.

Totally different experience. I felt comfortable enough in one to where we could have gone 10 mph more with no issues. The other had a serious Pucker Factor.

I've ridden in a Tiger TS (575hp/Bravo) at close to 85 mph in 4-6 footers with Neil behind the wheel(yeowee!!!) and have driven a Tiger(900hp/#6/10.5k#) at 95 mph. Although the non-stepped run was in relatively calm water, it felt like Butta Baby.

Old 02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Registered

I am just trying to take Magnums advice and keep anything from spawning in bilge water......lots of cleaning solvents yaknow..

And for the record, Tanner is way worse than me about engine area detail.....although now that I think about it, he doesn't do it at every fuel stop like I do........as the previous owner says to me often "Dean you are such a stroke"

I've had fun today guys........see ya

Dean

Quick Reply: cigarette or apache?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.