Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cigarette or apache? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34449-cigarette-apache.html)

BLee 05-04-2003 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Hot Duck
That is a tough choice. Apache or Cigarette.....hummm.....Is one of each an acceptable answer? :D You only live once, right?

Now thats what I'm talkin about. Awesome.

BLee 05-05-2003 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Eric Froberg, excuse my late arival here but I just read most of this thread and have really enjoyed it. You said in a post that today's boats would not make it in a true Miami to Bimini offshore race and would fall apart.
I'm not flaming you but am just simply trying to learn something and respect your opinon and advice. With technology today and the advanced building materials most of these boat builders would have someone believe boats are stronger today than yesterday. Please give us some insight on why older Cigarette's and Apache's and the new boats you are going to build are stronger than todays Cigarette's or even Fountains since that's what I currently own.
Thanks in advance, Mike Carter

First of all, I 100% respect Eric's opinion. He is fully credible.

That is not an entirely accurate statement though. The new boats are just as strong, probably stronger that the ones of old. Some manufacturers may skimp on materials for lighter hulls. But, Cigarette, Apache, and Fountain would not fit that category. I have owned the oldies and now own a new one. My new boat is much tougher than the old Gun I had. That speaks volumes because my old Gun was a rock in long distance runs. The only thing I have seen come apart in any rough stuff was a stereo fell on the floor of a buddies boat.

Steve 1 05-31-2003 07:43 PM

SLINGSHOT 06-01-2003 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Will......you da man!:D

I would agree with Steve1 that Apache is all about quality.

I heard today that Eric is no longer associated with Apache. I was sorry to hear that.

WOW! HALF OF THE EMPIRE IS GONE? IS THAT TRUE ERIC IS NO LONGER THERE?

WARPAINT 08-13-2003 03:39 PM

;)

WARPAINT 08-14-2003 11:41 AM

:cool: Bobby says Never Surrender.Anyone see Apaches ad in last months Powerboat magazine?Awesome!!!;)

LEOPAJM 08-14-2003 12:23 PM

How come it reminds me so much of an Active Thunder ad ?????????

WARPAINT 08-14-2003 12:47 PM

Only because they both start with an A.;)

ActiveThunderTodd 08-14-2003 07:55 PM

If you think the ad looks similar have you checked out Apaches website??? Must be the same guy that did AT's website that did Apaches. I would have thought they would have tried to be more original.

GLH 08-14-2003 09:21 PM

I guess they only surender on posting here in order not to dilute there talent!