Waverunner question???????? >

Waverunner question????????

Notices

Waverunner question????????

Old 10-09-2002, 10:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yamaha XL1200 3 person big enough to board in the deep water about 60Mph reliable and some used ones out there Ith think they started making them in 1998. I have one it's great.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Registered

Default for that speed you have to be running triple pipes RIGHT ???

Old 10-10-2002, 08:06 AM
Registered

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know anything about the Swift Oceanics X-2000 Jet ski. I had read alot of stuff about them, but no dealer network was set up, and I dont think it ever took off in the market. Swift Oceanics is a company that makes big ocean yacht's, and some runabouts too. They had a tunnel hull jet ski with a 175hp Kawasaki 1250cc 4 stroke, street bike motor. It was an all aluminum hull painted solid black, with nice chrome header sticking out of the side. I never had seen one in person, but it looked really cool, and in all of thier literature, they claimed 90+mph. The tag was $13,000, alot for a ski, but I never heard much about them, and the web site they had is gone. Did anyone here ever see one or ride one, and what's todays status of that company?

http://www.swiftoceanics.com/images/Laserx/Laserx1.htm

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 10-10-2002 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Registered

I heard about it and saw pictures of it. It had real potential on flat water.

As far as I know it never took off. I have not heard anything for at least a year.

Steve
Old 10-10-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails Waverunner question????????-laserx_007.jpg  
Old 10-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Registered

On the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke.

What happens when you flip them? Dosent the 4 stroke have problems? And, which one are you more comfortable working on? If you know how to work on both, get the 4 stroke. If you have no idea then get the 2 stroke and take it apart, take digital photos after every step then put it back together to see if it runs. That way, you will know how to replace the broken stuff once it breaks.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Registered

Default holly **** Rob,,,,

That thing is awesome looking... I bet it would be a ***** in some chop, but on flat water that thing looks like a lot of fun....

105,,, I was not testing you, but really wanted to see if you knew what you were talking about.. alot of people think their ski's go 70 plus mph because of their dream-o-meter's. I had a guy ask me how fast my ultra was I said it will do 64-66, he told me his sea-doo did over 70, I said wanna race,, he was like sure,, he was pretty embarrased when my 65 mph ultra SPANKED his 70 plus sea-dooo... check out the ultra150.com message board if you don't already..
Old 10-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mcollinstn:
I too think that was a great post.
I have two ski's, a '01 1100 di , and a '02 1200R
Since the only dealer in my homwtown is Kawasaki, I buy them.
It is funny when these guys with their "80mph" skis get waxed by my 1200 at a real 64mph.
The kids really love skis! A lot of action going on, and you can turn on a dime with them, they love that.
My little 4 year old girl fell dead asleep in my arms while riding across the lake!! It was smooth that day
Old 01-27-2004, 06:29 PM
brandstatter13

help!!!! i am looking to buy a slightly used pwc this spring. i have two questions. one where can i get a list of lakes that allow two stroke. i know that they are becoming obsolete. i will mainly ride on the great lakes in mich, ohio and pa. i am looking at a two and four stroke. both yamahas. xlt1200 and the fx140. any suggestions. all i am looking for is something i can tow skiiers and boarders from and something with some kick when riding solo. i am in my mid twenties and want something with some getup and go... thank you for your advice

Old 01-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

Stick with the Yamaha Or Honda 4 strokes they are not the fastest things out there but they hardly ever break.

I live on the water and get to ride all kinds and since they all know I work on bike's for a living I get roped into working on their skis from time to time. I haven't worked on a new 4 stroke yet and I would say 10-12 two stroke's last year.

Plus the 4 stroke's are almost silent, so you wont p i s s as many people off.

Quick Reply: Waverunner question????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.