Performance Boat Center Taking On 35 Doug Wright RT Pleasure Cats >

Performance Boat Center Taking On 35 Doug Wright RT Pleasure Cats

Notices

Performance Boat Center Taking On 35 Doug Wright RT Pleasure Cats

Old 02-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
And this is a bit longer (with more than just a bustle added) with build quality and speeds that are right there or even slightly exceeding that of Skater. So $450k seems in line if Skater is a standard in pricing.

The skater is a bigger boat in all aspects besides length. Wider, bigger sponsons and bigger cockpit with more going on.
I think DW is where Skater was back in the early 90s. Both started as building race boats. It seems DW is on the verge of breaking out into the pleasure world more seriously. Skater prices are and have been earned over the last few decades. My point to the question earlier in this thread was- if the DW 32 is 300k then how just their same boat go up 150k for 3 feet. Doesn't matter what Skaters cost.

And the explanation Noli posted from their FB page was ok for me.

Either way we are talking a lot of coin!

Last edited by precisiondetails; 02-14-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

We are calculating every step of the 35 Doug Wright build to be as competitive as possible. There is a lot of rigging equipment cost, price of engines, propellers, paint, over the top custom interior etc. I mentioned in the SOT article, a price that I would be able to deliver at. We will continue to try and shave costs for the end user as much as possible. We should have our first 350 around late May. Details will be posted along the way. Very excited to see this new model emerge.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say the rigging and painting price should be in line with the twin engine center consoles. There is a lot of rigging and painting going into those. And if you go to miami show you will see dozens upon dozens of those. It shouldnt be thought of as this being any more specialized a build than those. Just my thoughts
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by drejustice
Priced right, should be 225-250K
There are other cats out there with twim O/B that fall into that range if that is your target price.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
There are other cats out there with twim O/B that fall into that range if that is your target price.
Hey I'd love to see this boat knock it out of the park. I'm excited for the skater 318 ob, the mti 34 ob, and now this 35rt. I'm an o/b guy so much that I built a boat with 300's and then just recently re-rigged with 400s, I guess i'm having a hard time seeing the extra 150-200K these newer models are asking for. I'm sure the cost of some materials have gone up but 70-90%??

Last edited by drejustice; 02-14-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE=precisiondetails;4528947]The skater is a bigger boat in all aspects besides length. Wider, bigger sponsons and bigger cockpit with more going on.
I think DW is where Skater was back in the early 90s. Both started as building race boats. It seems DW is on the verge of breaking out into the pleasure world more seriously. Skater prices are and have been earned over the last few decades. My point to the question earlier in this thread was

You should take a ride in the new 32' RT. Another level.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
The skater is a bigger boat in all aspects besides length. Wider, bigger sponsons and bigger cockpit with more going on.
I think DW is where Skater was back in the early 90s. Both started as building race boats. It seems DW is on the verge of breaking out into the pleasure world more seriously. Skater prices are and have been earned over the last few decades. My point to the question earlier in this thread was- if the DW 32 is 300k then how just their same boat go up 150k for 3 feet. Doesn't matter what Skaters cost.

And the explanation Noli posted from their FB page was ok for me.

Either way we are talking a lot of coin!
Putting the cost aside they are BOTH great boats. As far as the 30-36' cats using the new 4-stroke outboards, the only thing the Skater has over the DW is cockpit size in my view. The DW has more put into the design from a function standpoint. They both use great materials and have great processes. The DW is lighter but by no means a "potato chip". They are built super rugged. DW can build a 6 man cockpit 35RT if someone really wants one but it's not their design philosyphy. The new 35 has a 10' 6" beam and full 35' length not including the wing between the outboards. This is not going to be a small boat. The new design also has a LOT of updates to the bottom and tunnel. DW is defintely not behind ANYONE as far as building boats. Their technology, experience and constant analyzing and improving has them at the forefront.

Like I said both great boats, just my .02
Old 02-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

since we are talking about the bank note$$$ on the DW - Where does the 34 MTI fall into the Cat fight?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The MTI is around $450K out the door with a trailer also
Old 02-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As far as O/B Cats the market IMO is about to take off. Even more so when mother Mercury has a bigger motor. If you look at the operating costs of the O/B versus a pair of 1100+HP motors/drives and a I/O Boat that would be close to a Million Dollars $450K sounds like a deal LOL. Did I just type that?????
Granted it cannot run 160mph but bang for the buck is good. I agree with Ktron that the DW are awesome boats. However currently I think the Skater name still carries the flag as does Cigarette does for V Bottoms and resale value. But with more boats being built that may change in the coming years.
Lastly I think no one can argue Pete's boats have held up well in the test of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.