Notices

Which F350 Psd To Buy

Old 10-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad - I have a F350 4X4 P.S.D. with auto trans and the Lariat pkg. No probs at all. I love the truck. Wardey
Attached Thumbnails Which F350 Psd To Buy-scan0002.jpg  
Old 10-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's odd. I've bought a number of auto's using NFCU and never had a problem with a dealer not accepting the check (draft).
Old 10-09-2002, 02:18 PM
bschoe

Wardey,

Nice set up! I am looking forward to an updated ride. My Suburban is about ready to rust out from under me, but it does have over 300k, so I can't complain.

CCar, I don't know-- they'll take the draft but said I'd have to wait a "FEW" days until they saw the $$$ in their bank. I don't have a few days to wait around. I need to drive the thing to Jacksonville- Blount Island Marine Terminal for shipping, get to the airport to get my A$$ back here. They said if I was a local I could drive it away that day but because it was going to Puerto Rico I'd have to wait. Makes no sense to me.

The Michigan guys just called back and didn't seem to have any problems with it. We'll see how it works out.

Brad

Old 10-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Holy travel Batman. Going to Michigan to take a truck to Peurto Rico?

www.autotrader.com cannot help you find a vehicle in Florida or the SE? There has to be something out there closer to you that might cost a tad bit more, but can save you all that airfare & driving, and risk of the drive; plus mileage & depreciation by the mileage to get it home.

Don't get me wrong, I did it; picked my truck up in Florida, and drove it to VA; but 'bsag' from the board made it worth my while.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

'Brad' from the board is selling his F-350 SB Dually in South Carolina even. I do not have specifics on the truck though.

AND,

If you have to drive from the north to South Florida, you may as well pull a boat with you and make some money from someone taking their boat south for the winter!!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:19 PM
bschoe

Brian,

I know-I know- I know. I've been on trader.com and everything else for weeks now.

I just did a deal with an OSO member in Michigan for an all black PSD XLT just what I was looking for. My airfare is only about $400.00 and when you live on an island thats 30X100 miles you kind of look forward to a 1140 mile roadtrip.

I put calls into dealers all the way to Washington State where I'm originally from and only had a few call back, maybe they thought I was full of it.

Anyway I'm done looking and digging out my sweatshirts.

Thanks to everyone for all the great replies.
Brad

As far as towing a boat down maybe I'd do it for a beer at a beach bar after a triple didgit run. But i'm just looking forward to seeing some new sights.

Old 10-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Try Barto Ford in Florida . I have bought from them many times in the past . They used to have a great inventory and good prices too . Can't remember what town they were in though . Sort of central florida area .
Old 10-10-2002, 04:39 PM
bobby daniels

HEY BSCHOE CALL 704-536-5600 THATS TOWN AND COUNTRY FORD
PART OF THE SONIC CAR COMPANY,ONE OF THE LARGEST AND THEY HAVE TONS OF INVENTORY ALL OVER THEY ARE IN CHARLOTTE,N.C. AND ARE GREAT

Old 10-10-2002, 06:50 PM
bschoe

Hey guys- thanks for all the great help.

Yesterday I put a deposit on the truck in Michigan and booked a flight for Tuesday Night.

If everything goes as planned I'll be on a flight friday afternoon back to San juan and 8 days later I should have an interesting before and after look going from an '84 Suburban to an '01 PSD Dually!!