XVI Power Introduces V-16 LS Marine Engine in Miami >

XVI Power Introduces V-16 LS Marine Engine in Miami

Notices

XVI Power Introduces V-16 LS Marine Engine in Miami

Old 02-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Does it run or just theoretical?

For the life of me I cannot understand them not having an installed version.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just like anything that isn't Merc, lots of criticism. I don't think the company intended to build V-16s to repower every pleasure boat application in the industry. If someone wanted to utilize this power you would probably plan your boat build around it. I didn't see a cost listed, but I would imagine it depends on how you tailor your build. It seems the motor utilizes a unique block, crank, and rods, but I believe most of the other components are commercially available LS, thus giving you endless options for endurance/performance/cost. Merc turbo motors are expensive to buy, insanely expensive to rebuild, and no one that owns one really says much publicly about how long they last. I think the marine industry should try not to shun every new product before it gets off the ground, and try and give it a chance to prove itself. I think its cool to see a small company come up with something to compete with the big dogs. Best of luck to them with the venture.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Awesome. TBH I think there may a market in large sport cruisers or even sporties. No one likes sucking diesel fumes off the transom. Specific output doesn't need to be as high as it is.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Hustler40
Just like anything that isn't Merc, lots of criticism. I don't think the company intended to build V-16s to repower every pleasure boat application in the industry. If someone wanted to utilize this power you would probably plan your boat build around it. I didn't see a cost listed, but I would imagine it depends on how you tailor your build. It seems the motor utilizes a unique block, crank, and rods, but I believe most of the other components are commercially available LS, thus giving you endless options for endurance/performance/cost. Merc turbo motors are expensive to buy, insanely expensive to rebuild, and no one that owns one really says much publicly about how long they last. I think the marine industry should try not to shun every new product before it gets off the ground, and try and give it a chance to prove itself. I think its cool to see a small company come up with something to compete with the big dogs. Best of luck to them with the venture.
So these won't be expensive to buy or insanely expensive to rebuild? Just about twice of every part in the rebuild! I think they would have an edge if these motors can go longer without a rebuild as seems to be there pitch. I think most of the negativity is from another manufacturer going straight for the super high end buyers and not something many people will be able to use.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if this is the same crew who did the 4500hp quad turbo v16 LS for the Dubai supercar? If so they had all the r&d done and program written for block crank cam and heads. Why not try to put it to use in another market, detuned to pump gas and outdrive applicable HP
Old 02-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. See page 4

Last edited by baditude; 02-16-2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Delayed
Old 02-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

would rather see an 80's scarab panther or viper w/ 80's fit and finish come out of the mold (w/ an updated laminate schedule and lightweight materials)