Notices

OT: Cell phones

Old 10-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: Cell phones

Hi wondering what cell phone people have and like. Who the service provider is. Haven't had one for 5 years but new job forces me to have one agian. Electronic leash Charlie
Old 10-08-2002, 10:18 PM
packinair

I have had alletl
nextell
virison
at&t
sprint pcs BOTTOM LINE

THEY ALL SUCK

Old 10-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree however I have had AT&T, Cellular one/Cingular, and Sprint. SO far the Sprint is the best all around phone that I have had. My phone bills with Cingular were 1300-1400 a month!!!! They are around 250 with Sprint now. As far as coverage the Cingular and AT&T were better HOWEVER the Sprint is still better as you receive all the calls. When I had AT&T I had customers always complaining that they could not get through to me when they called...or they would go directly into my voicemail even though my phone had signal. So far I am ok with the Sprint. It is far from perfect but good enough. Also not all phones are alike. Spend a little money and get a good one. The freebee phones are pieces of chit and that is why they are free.

Jon
Old 10-08-2002, 10:30 PM
skaterize

I have a Kyocera Cell/Palm and it is a great phone. Have had it over a year and no problems at all. Sprint is my service provider and has been the best over both ATT and Bellsouth/verizon. I had Cellular One which was bought out in 89 , then went to Bellsouth for about five years then to ATT for about five years then to sprint since then. they were alittle slow at first but still seem to have the best plans and service for my travels. It was along timeago for the other companies so there service may have changed but sprint surehas been great. Good Luck ! Craig

Old 10-08-2002, 10:54 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

They all suck. I have had ALL the major carriers in the mid-atlantic.

Go for AT&T. I have the most luck with them. I have the brand new Nokia 6360. It is the most versatile, as it will sync with Outlook Contacts and Calendar, and you do not have to finger-bone all those numbers into the phone. No need for a separate cable or separate transistion software either. If you have an infrared port on your laptop, it syncs via infrared.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had AT&T for about 6 Years now and been very happy.
Started with an analog bag phone, switched to digital when it first started and never had trouble. We've travled up and down the East coast without a loss in signal.
Bills have been reasonable. We currently have the Nokia 5165 (nothing fancy) with a shared plan that allows us unlimited free talk time between the wife and I, free nights and weekends, voice mail, call waiting, caller ID, etc. Our home area is the entire state of Florida so no roaming or long distance in that area. Since we both have phones, and cable internet at home, we've turned the house phone off.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:30 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motarola Startac the thing is indestructable I dropped it in the lake it spent the night on the bottom dried it out and it still works!!!!!I have verison for a service provider.....
Old 10-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through 4 Ericssons in a little over two years. Don't like them - they keep breaking. Now have a Nokia, but it's too soon to tell how well it will last. My provider is Cingular. No real complaints with them.