Notices

Bad boy boats

Old 02-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad boy boats

Recently purchased a 32 Badboy powerboat. Single engine X-R drive. It is my understanding that only four were made. They were made in South Jersey. Interested in knowing if any of the other three are local. Would like to exchange thoughts and info as far as what kind of power the other ones have and how they perform. Boat is single step with ventilated bottom. Also I believe there were two 38's made. Just dropped in a 555 cubic inch motor in the boat Littlefield Blower with inter cooler. Well aware of the fact that the drive may be an issue so we will be coming out of the hole very carefully. Hope this reaches someone with one of the other three. (Sam)
Old 02-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I had no idea there were even (4) 32' built. I thought there was the original plug boat that was raced in OPA with Will and Larry with a 800 HP Pat Muci sp motor. Was a factory backed test boat. Then Howard Richardson bought what I thought was the only other 32' built and that is a canopied version. It should hit the water for the first time this year. Howard Im sure has more info if there were more built. Not a lot of data out there other than the builder Tony is great with fiberglass.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I assume you bought the one that was listed on here a couple months ago? I was out of town when he posted it up for sale. I called the day I returned home, was ready to jump in my truck to go get it. It had sold earlier that day! Congrats on the purchase. Always been one of my favorites.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Great running and well built boat enjoy!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Registered

Default Badboy

Originally Posted by MDG_Jason
I assume you bought the one that was listed on here a couple months ago? I was out of town when he posted it up for sale. I called the day I returned home, was ready to jump in my truck to go get it. It had sold earlier that day! Congrats on the purchase. Always been one of my favorites.
I see that you are located in Maryland. When the season starts and you head to the Ceasapeake Inn give me a shout, we are in there quite often. Don't know if you ever saw the Badboy up close but it will look somewhat different. You can get me at ([email protected]) We can also launch at Anchor Marine in Northeast Md.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Registered

lets see some pic's of it.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Registered

Default Badboy

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
lets see some pic's of it.
Still a work in progress. Working on ideas for the entranceway to the cabin and some graphics on the exterior. Also do not have a clue on how to post pictures. When finished will try to figure how to post pictures. The entrance to cabin is not finished. Also removing the passenger side steering, the steering hub sticking out of the dash is a hazard. The steering mechanism will be tucked away underneath and the opening in the dash will be dressed up with a pad with some graphics in the vinyl.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jackieboy
I see that you are located in Maryland. When the season starts and you head to the Ceasapeake Inn give me a shout, we are in there quite often. Don't know if you ever saw the Badboy up close but it will look somewhat different. You can get me at ([email protected]) We can also launch at Anchor Marine in Northeast Md.
Would love to get a closer look at it sometime. We boat out of the south river, a couple miles south of the bay bridge. I will have to catch up with you if I make any of the runs that are going up there to the Chesapeake Inn this season.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Registered

Don't want to be a Debby downer but be carful. I am VERY good friends with Wil and Larry. I remember them saying the boat was a handful with power. If you were turning left racing it would be a handful. I am sure everyday boating it will be a blast and you will never be able to break the hull. Well built boat !!!! Do you think you may have the original boat??? The weight would tell if you weight it. Tony could lay it up fully rigged under 4200 lbs.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pics. Hope the link works.

http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/bi...show/Bad%20Boy
The following users liked this post:
BC81 (03-06-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.