The best sensations of offshore powerboating >

The best sensations of offshore powerboating

Notices

The best sensations of offshore powerboating

Old 03-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by murfman
Docking a twin engine boat at a busy marina on a river with cross currents, sliding right up to the dock solo, cutting the engines and jumping on the dock as the boat is still moving, throwing on the dock lines and heading to the bar without even looking back with a little smug smile on your face.
https://youtu.be/9qHdPhkSSNQ.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Running down the bay in 2/3's in the Sonic and look over and see my daughter right next to me in her 21' Checkmate trimmed to the max with no fear and a big grin on her face. She is so much like me it is scary. We get back home and I have to put screws back in her boat and she thanks me. That is what is special to me.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Running in the rough Lake Erie chop (4-5) in a 46 RoughRider at 80 hitting the out of nowhere 6 foot hole and launching perfectly and long enough to hear pure silence, look over at the owners wife who's feet are now a foot of the floor, push her back to the floor and get back on it with perfect timing. Owner still talks about this experience 15 years later.

The start of the 2000 Worlds (Factory 1) start 20 boats deck to deck at almost 80 going into turn one. A little rubbin then off to turn 2. Amazing feeling.

Getting the opportunity to race Rascal for the first time in 2002 Mentor and winning. No better experience.

These experiences are just a few, but some I will never forget. I've had the opportunity to run some of the coolest boats ever made and meet many awesome people. No other sport is like ours.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Best Sensations Pics

Here are a few photos
Attached Thumbnails The best sensations of offshore powerboating-rascalcrop.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-marlins.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-image.jpg  

Old 03-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When your feet get wet and they are not supposed to.....
Old 03-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About an hour into the race and you look around and see that you are all alone.....not even one boat in 360 degrees of ocean.

Without a word between the crew, you keep pushing the boat at the fast pace you have set...big waves, medium waves and small waves....no one would know if you cut the throttles back and took it easy....BUT you would!

And then miracle upon miracle, there is the checkpoint boat coming up over the horizon just where it was supposed to be. It gets bigger and bigger until you finally make your turn around it ......and head off on the next leg with totally different wave and wind conditions, BUT you still keep the race pace you set earlier.

Time stands still and as Steve McQueen so aptly said in the movie Le Mans...."Racing is life! Everything else before or after, is just waiting!"
Attached Thumbnails The best sensations of offshore powerboating-bertram-380015.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-boat-010.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-copy-cigarette-model0004.jpg  

Old 03-01-2017, 03:28 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All the above. When I was in my 20's I had a Glaspar 19 ft with a 383 stroker. Early at the start of the season I was at the ramp by myself when this scruffy looking biker rolled up on his hog. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride. He jumps in and off we go. Get on plane and he is as white as a sheet. Then I opened it up. He seemed glad to get back to shore. Also sitting out a thunder storm in an empty slip in late April.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That moment when your in a cat and you go from hydrodynamic to aerodynamic!!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

Oh and those WI March days when 1-3" of snow turns out to be 6-8" and you get that feeling that your boat could be thinking of you too and missing you just as much...
Old 03-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

It is true there is nothing like power boating, and my whole family enjoys every minuet of it, but one of my favorite feelings is the look on everyone face on the dock when my Wife or 21 yr old Daughter are driving and docking the boat like a pro and I'm throwing lines!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.