The best sensations of offshore powerboating >

The best sensations of offshore powerboating

Notices

The best sensations of offshore powerboating

Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

#5 - silence in the air. ...and the sensation that it is all happening in SLOW MOTION!
Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave krehbiel
It is true there is nothing like power boating, and my whole family enjoys every minuet of it, but one of my favorite feelings is the look on everyone face on the dock when my Wife or 21 yr old Daughter are driving and docking the boat like a pro and I'm throwing lines!
I love that feeling too, I let our 10 year old son dock our 353 fastech. People are always in awe, he does a great job. I am usually on the bow tending lines. However, I do have a limit. I will not let my wife dock it, you can't get to carried away with this stuff.

Last edited by Questofpower; 03-02-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to admit it, but the wife can drive the boat as good as, if not better than I can. That is a great sensation because do not even have to ask if she wants to go.
Priceless. Same with the kids. Nothing better than coming in to dock and my awesome crew jumps to it. Not a word spoken. Last I have to say is being out of cell phone range on a sunny day floating. Biggest worry is whether I need to take a piss or not.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Great topic!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

In no particular order:

In a standup Vee when you hit a speed where the wind force is louder than the motors pushing you.

Watching Yvonne drive the first leg of Skaterfest with Mark Kowalski on the sticks and seeing her pick off almost all of the boats in some tight places and never get nervous or show fear.

Taking delivery of the Skater after promising every member here that one day I would do exactly that.

The look on peoples faces when they hear a group of us talk about passing/getting passed by so-and-so at100-120-140mph like it's an everyday occurrence.

Pulling the boat into any number of destinations around the country for an event after fighting traffic, fuel stops, tire/trailer/truck issues to see a group of people that just did the same thing and instantly get happy and feel at home.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Going out for a fast run up the lake, on the way back stopping at a local watering hole. After docking there is usually people gathered by the slip and someone always asks....how fast will it Go? Always enjoy the look on the faces when I say, "oh a tad over 35."

Padraig
Old 03-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Great replies keep em coming! Next thing you know ittl be spring
Old 03-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

After launching, walking back down the ramp after parking the truck/trailer and seeing my wife standing there holding the dock lines and boat, smiling, waiting for me

Last edited by davidmercury; 03-03-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In no particular order: The salute from the crew on deck of a CG Cutter as you blow by at speed in Nantucket Sound, The rush of curious people when the hatch is up and I fire the 653" Zul's, The gratification of being "in the zone " when running the chop at 60 with giddy, nervous laughter from novice passengers,The look on the cashiers face at the gas station, when you say " $500 at pump 6 ", Parking the tow rig and checking out my pride and joy heading back to the dock with a silly grin on my face.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I almost forgot about the look on the cashiers face at QT when I sad leave it open and the pump shut off at $300 ran back in and told him to turn it back on, jaw dropped and his response of not sure if I have enough fuel in the tank left to fill it
......Priceless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.