Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Whats your tow rig?
Ford F350
Old 03-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
What are your performance expectations? 70mph, 80mph, 90mph +? What about handling?

Do you want a boat that porpoises like a dolphin at cruise speed? One that flys with the bow pointing at the sky off of waves?

Do you mind chine walking at top speed?

How about bilge room? Do you do your own maintainance? Do you mind working in a bilge that has only enough room for a 6 year old Asian boy?

How about cabin size? do you want to stand up in the cabin, and flip pancakes in the morning, and put on a crock pot of chili for the day? Or are you looking for a place for you and your life partner to crash after a night of drinking chardonnay?

Do you prefer a vessel with a decent windshield to keep your wig in place during a poker run, or a race style fairing that will require you to wear speedy gonzales type goggles and race intercoms while heading to the sandbar?

What kind of engine package do you prefer? Some station wagon style big blocks, that remind you of a 1984 suburban with a hole in the muffler, or some all out race engines, that sound like a top fuel dragster at the launch ramp, and generally will leave you with broken drives and an empty wallet?

Drive package? Do you mind driving and working the throttles as if the sticks are made from flourescent light tubes, or do you want to drive like Bob Saccenti in the Miami to bimini offshore challenge working those things over like your using a plastic butterknife to saw thru a chunk of stainless steel?

We need details man.
OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Speed: 70 Plus

Engines: Merc Standard EFI or Blue EFI No Blowers

Drives: Bravo 1 or XRs

Windshield: Yes

Cabin: Just enough room to lay down in for a night. Thats about as long as the wife can go without room service

Bilge: Enough room to check the oil levels. Turned wrenches for 15 years, prefer to pay someone else now.

Ride and Handling: Stable and Durable
Old 03-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

37 Outerlimits would be 1st on my list. 38 Nortech what I have would be 2nd
Old 03-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

Budget?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Papasmurf
OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Speed: 70 Plus

Engines: Merc Standard EFI or Blue EFI No Blowers

Drives: Bravo 1 or XRs

Windshield: Yes

Cabin: Just enough room to lay down in for a night. Thats about as long as the wife can go without room service

Bilge: Enough room to check the oil levels. Turned wrenches for 15 years, prefer to pay someone else now.

Ride and Handling: Stable and Durable
If you are doing poker runs you probably want to be able to cruise 60 to 70 mph. That means you want a boat wit a top speed of 80 to 90mph so you aren't hammering the boat too bad for 130 miles at a time.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

38 zr fits that, a lotta boat for the money. Going to be a bit quicker than a zx
Old 03-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
38 zr fits that, a lotta boat for the money. Going to be a bit quicker than a zx
Agree.

38zr is a pretty fast hull with a somewhat tight cabin, but enough for 2 and you won't be left behind in the poker runs like the zx's tend to be.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

The OL 37 I'd a beautiful and great boat now that it's been brought up
Old 03-06-2017, 07:25 AM
Registered

Damn Eric! First 700hp in the bowrider, now this! I'm only going to support this if I can catch a ride in one of these new boats you are interested in. Everyone that has made a suggestion so far has more knowledge and experience than me, and I think they have you going in the right direction. For me, budget aside, a 38 top gun is a bucket list boat for me. I really doubt you would regret a 38 or 42 lighting with staggered 525s. Easy to tow with your power stroke, never ending good looks, fast efficient hull and staggered engines will pay dividends when doing maintenance. The lighting will hold its own in a poker run, but I would still be happy showing up last and docking a top gun at the last stop.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37 Outerlimits for sure. Fast , strong , stable and a full size cabin. 80 ish with 500 hp's. I had one for 16 years and it was an amazing boat. Mine was a Triple 500 that would run over 90.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.