Speedonthewater.com Bringing Back Teague On Tech

Notices

Speedonthewater.com Bringing Back Teague On Tech

Old 03-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Speedonthewater.com Bringing Back Teague On Tech

The ultimate high-performance marine question-and-answer column, Teague On Tech is coming back, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...teague-on-tech.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

I grew up reading Teague On Tech. I'm not mechanically inclined to say the least but always appreciated the insight. Great to see it coming back!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

HI!

A classic! Thanks

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 03-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Great news Matt.

I have always enjoyed those articles. I even submitted one years ago and you called me to go over a few details before it went to print in "Powerboat". Hated to see that magazine go.

Mark
Old 03-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I loved the Teague question and answer tech section. However I have to wonder if people are willing to wait a week to get advise on a problem. We are spoiled by asking a question on a site such as OSO and having multiple answers the same day if not the same hour. Admittedly you have to separate out the expert answers from the wannabes but there are some very good people on the list who graciously share their expertise. We have been spoiled.

I do hope it does work as Mr. Teague is very knowledgeable mechenic and writer.

Padraig
Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I loved the Teague question and answer tech section. However I have to wonder if people are willing to wait a week to get advise on a problem. We are spoiled by asking a question on a site such as OSO and having multiple answers the same day if not the same hour. Admittedly you have to separate out the expert answers from the wannabes but there are some very good people on the list who graciously share their expertise. We have been spoiled.

I do hope it does work as Mr. Teague is very knowledgeable mechenic and writer.

Padraig
You make a very fair point. For those in need of immediate answers Teague On Tech might not work. I don't think you guys are spoiled at all in wanting answers in real time. This environment—the Internet—is about speed and reach, and social media has only accelerated that.

With Teague on Tech, Bob always looked to answer specific questions that illustrated larger points. To me, that was (and will be) the column's ultimate value. But I look it at from the perspective of an editor trying to create a well-rounded editorial product. For a person looking to get a technical question answered immediately, yes, definitely, it might be a little too slow.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Looking forward to reading Bob's articles.

Padraig
Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I also use to love reading Teague on Tech and it is good to see him doing it again but I would really love to see him racing again in the Amsoil Super Cat.