Notices

Info on this 38ZR?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on this 38ZR?

Anybody know the boat/own the boat on OSO? Emailed the broker, but didn't get alot of info. Plan to give them a call on it this weekend because it's tough to tell much from the crappy pics. Supposedly, the top ends and drives have been done recently.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017...54192658081686

http://www.midwestboatbrokerage.com/...45&pov=4576009
Old 03-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

The 700 NXT package on the 38 Zr is a great set up.
$159K sounds like a really good deal for it too.
I didn't look close at the ad to see if it came with a trailer.
Hours are important - How many?
Two main things - Survey, Survey, Survey & pressure test the headers (or just plan on replacing them as the Merc. Spec. originals were poor and prone to leak)
As long as it has been serviced properly and not overly tuned up, the 700's, NXTs, and transmissions are great.
A few of my friends have 700 boats tuned up to 850ish and they were popping transmissions until they went with a Bam or other #6 type trans.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Registered

Seems to be a really good price! Even shows $155k on the broker website.

A guy I know has a 38ZR 700/NXT package and it is an excellent setup.

Just an observation... the one pic looks like the drives are covered in dust or dirt (just seemed strange to me, its probably nothing)
Old 03-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TorchLK
Seems to be a really good price! Even shows $155k on the broker website.

A guy I know has a 38ZR 700/NXT package and it is an excellent setup.

Just an observation... the one pic looks like the drives are covered in dust or dirt (just seemed strange to me, its probably nothing)
That pic caught my eye too and I've requested better pics be emailed from the broker. The props look REALLY bad in the pic. Broker says top ends were recently refreshed as well as the drives being sent off Marine Drive in Inglis, FL (with receipts, but owner no longer has paperwork)

Last edited by Gunrunner72; 03-23-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Priced on the low side for a 700 boat. Should be closer to $200k with that power. Do your homework, could be a deal or ??? If they cannot provide receipts for the work done or at least the parts used, assume it hasn't been done. The seller will be able to round up the receipts even if they are lost, just takes a phone call.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

drive thing is weird....if dust????? then the white trailer would have that same covering...but it's pretty damn white. if built up water spots or runs rich.... well the rest of the boat is spotless ---so the owner kept everything spotless but chose not to keep that equipment clean???
awesome package but something seems funky... knowing there is room in the price (always is) that's an amazing price for that package.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

There's a maroon one rack stored in cape Canaveral that I have seen out once. 700NXT boat. Or at least I assume 700's as it has NXT drives on it.

Sad it is rack stored in a covered but open backside building with no cover on the boat. I have no idea who's it is.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Registered

I think they're just trying to match the tan/dusty look interior with the drives. The boat looks like it was stored in the country (farm field in picture) and gravel lot, easily can see that being dust settling on the drives. Only way to really tell is to go look at it in person.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are freaking out over some dust on the drives. My god.

To me it looks like some dust from either pulling down a gravel driveway/road or the gravel lot the that photo was taken in like Mullen said. Even if it was just stored on a gravel lot with the wind or traffic kicking up dust I could see that as well. I have a gravel driveway...the struggle is real.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
There's a maroon one rack stored in cape Canaveral that I have seen out once. 700NXT boat. Or at least I assume 700's as it has NXT drives on it.

Sad it is rack stored in a covered but open backside building with no cover on the boat. I have no idea who's it is.
I seen that Donzi run down the Banana river ONCE.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.