Notices

271 Fastec

Old 04-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwurl
I see you have a boat in mind. Don't forget you need full hydraulic steering . Real merc 280 tabs with indicators and at least an xr drive and hp gimbal . . The stock 271 tabs are worthless . Would not even consider tying these speeds in a 271 without the other upgrades . . Jeff wurl
Hey Jeff ! Yea I went with twin ram hyd. steering on my 252. Removed the chine walk up to 75. Dont know above that, because thats the best ive seen so far.

Hope you make it to our Fun Run this year !!
Old 04-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

There was a member on OSO (PAST DUE) that has/had a '97 Fastech 312 running over 100 mph. He sent me a picture of a type of fin installed on his K-Planes. He claimed it really settled down any chine walking. He hasn't been active on OSO for years and I don't know where he got them or if he made them himself. I also recall someone saying that Sunsation would install these on K-Planes on some of their boats. Just some food for thought.

Here's a vid of him running rock solid at 98.4 mph.

https://youtu.be/OuG6A6T5zJs

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...ed-record.html
Attached Thumbnails 271 Fastec-tab-pic.jpg  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do know the boat and should see him next month at the smith mountain lake poker run if he still has it. Jeff wurl