Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stick a fork in me...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34616-stick-fork-me.html)

racesdad 10-12-2002 09:29 AM

if you are keeping the boat step up and buy a IMCO SC drive.best out there. i used them for years ,no problem mon!!!! give fred a call !@IMCO:D :D

26scarab 10-12-2002 09:59 AM

Dick,
Sorry to hear about the drive , but you know as well as I that when big HP and a Bravo come together its not if but when it will break.

Check these people out , I talked with then before and was impressed www.billetmarine.com

car54driver 10-12-2002 12:47 PM

I have Max Machine Worx Drives on my 32’ Fountain. It has 502 mags with M3SC Prochargers making about 700 HP each to do about 100MPH. After more than 120 hard hours I’ve had no drive failures.

RSCHAP1 10-12-2002 05:56 PM

sorry

Sorry to hear you are still working out the bugs.Flylevel had told me your boat seemed to be running good and hard up to Hardy .Hope things go together good for ya over the snowwy spell.

Mr Gadgets 10-12-2002 11:15 PM

racesdad,
I sent them money before.. gears lasted 12hrs with no power applied.. and they wouldnt talk to me about anything but send us more money and we will fix you right up.. Left a bad taste.. so to speak.

26scarab,
I think this was an assembly problem.. it has been tight since day one. I figured it would loosen up, and didnt notice it was getting worse. But then I didnt put it together.. a professional did.. LOL

car54driver,
Good to hear!! I like the tower they use, just makes sense. When did they build your drives? I know Aaron said they just started using their new clutch shaft recently. And they can handle up to 1300hp?? If that is the case, then I have no problems heading in their direction. I just have been to, too many shops and end up with failures.. So I want to check these guys out. They seem pretty straight forward, kinda of expensive, but if it lasts, then it is inexpensive.. Thanks for the input..

RSCHAP1,

I am going to get it apart and see where it leads me.. I dont want to sink too much more into this one. I would love to make the jump to the next level, but the home equity is maxed out.. LOL. But I do have some time ahead of me to figure out what's next..

Thanks everyone for your input..

Dick

If there is anyone else out there that knows the guys at Max Machine Worx.. let me know please..

KAAMA 10-13-2002 06:40 AM

Mr. Gadgets,

Unless they make some really profound improvements, I don't think I'll be doing any business anytime soon with IMCO----I have just heard too many horror stories about their stuff here on the board. I came real close though. I'm looking a little closer at Max Machine Worx too. BTW, the "clutch shaft" is another name for the "pinion shaft" is it not? As I have stated earlier; I think I'm going to buy a pair of Max Machine's clutch/pinion shafts, but would like to hear of someone elses experience with them if possible. They're supposed to be pretty strong/durable. But as with anything else, I guess we will certainly find out!

Raypanic, keep us updated on all those drives you have.

Anyone else have any experience (good or bad) with Max Machine?

Mr Gadgets 10-13-2002 11:18 AM

Mark,
The clutch shaft is the small one in the upper that the cone clutch rides on.. it is vertical in the case.

Dick

Mr Gadgets 10-13-2002 07:09 PM

Any one know where I can buy Mercruiser tools to work on the bravo drive at a decent price??

Thanks

Dick

Raypanic 10-14-2002 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got most of my tools from Marc at BAM, I would not say they are cheap but he does discount.

P.S. here is a pict of the MMW Cap on my drives