Looking for THAT letter...... >

Looking for THAT letter......

Notices

Looking for THAT letter......

Old 04-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
I never understood why my parents wouldn't let me play baseball as a kid, but I played ice hockey..... now my son has the same rule. No summer sports lol. Way better experience water skiing and hanging out with my dad than picking my nose in right field. Only way we're showing up to a birthday party or something in the summer is if it's raining.
Florida is huge for baseball due to year round play. There is a huge benefit to baseball for some kids like my neighbor......drafted out of high school by MLB!
Old 04-26-2017, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
When people ask me to go to a wedding I usually say I'll just catch your next one.
I just tell people that I only go to weddings on Wednesdays in February so plan accordingly.

Padraig
Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was talking to the fiancee about the wedding date when we were planning it. It was very easy because she already knew it wasn't going to be in the summer. Now we picked late September which is right around the time I winterize my boat. So I figured just pull it a week earlier and oh well. She knew this because her one friend had a wedding last July on a Saturday at 3pm. Needless to say she found out how our kids will act when they get upset.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

When I got the invitation to BLee's wedding I called him within 5 seconds with two questions:

She actually said yes?!?!?!
Do you realize this is Havasu weekend?!?!?

LOL.

He's my boy so I went to the wedding.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DBleil89
I was talking to the fiancee about the wedding date when we were planning it. It was very easy because she already knew it wasn't going to be in the summer. Now we picked late September which is right around the time I winterize my boat. So I figured just pull it a week earlier and oh well. She knew this because her one friend had a wedding last July on a Saturday at 3pm. Needless to say she found out how our kids will act when they get upset.
Marriage is about compromises....
I told my wife that for each boating day she accompanies me in April, I will accompany her to one event of her choosing during the summer. Had the boat out once this spring, she didn't go ("too windy"), I'm home free as of Monday!
Old 04-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My company has its annual picnic the first Saturday of august every summer. I am pretty high up the food chain so not attending isn't really an option. It is at a beautiful state park right at the mouth of long island sound about 2 miles from my boat / lift. Views of long island , race rock and fishers island from the beach there. Every time one of my go fast brothren goes by headed to block or long island , or some place down the sound, some of my guys who know me well just laugh and hold up a beer knowing I would really rather be doing that than eating lobster at the picnic. Its always a good time tho. Sacrifices.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and my old lady planned her pregnancy around the LOTO shootout, so she would only be 3 or 4 months along and i wouldn't have to miss it, but also wouldn't interfere with the following year shootout. Shes putting the new job on hold till summer is over so we don't have to miss any big runs due to her not having any vacation, and now my boss invited me to his bachelor party at the lake with all his ***gy friends in June, buuuuutttt that just so happens to be the Support the Troops poker run, so guess who is bringing their boat to the lake by myself and doing another run and skipping the bachelor party??? Summer is too short and i put in enough time to everyone else to let these people phuck with my boating season anymore
Old 04-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

We have one wedding in May to attend and that's it. Last year (of course boat was in shop for 9 weeks) we went to several. I'm stoked about this season and I've saved the letter in my file to use if the need should arise. I'm not kidding.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Wife and I just got married in front of the judge and eloped - 28 years ago. No Kids and we can just skip all weddings as Nobody had to go to ours!!
Lake house just about every weekend. Unless that Work thing gets in the way.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by flatlanderbill
My company has its annual picnic the first Saturday of august every summer. I am pretty high up the food chain so not attending isn't really an option. It is at a beautiful state park right at the mouth of long island sound about 2 miles from my boat / lift. Views of long island , race rock and fishers island from the beach there. Every time one of my go fast brothren goes by headed to block or long island , or some place down the sound, some of my guys who know me well just laugh and hold up a beer knowing I would really rather be doing that than eating lobster at the picnic. Its always a good time tho. Sacrifices.
One of the best boating areas anywhere IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.