If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    Hey Powergrundy, I pass Gaylord all the time. If we get some good snow there it is fun. Problem is that there has been little to none. We just keep going the extra 3 hours to the cabin. It would be nice to ride there, 7 hours in 6" of snow makes for a long ride. Lets keep in touch. There a quite a few riders on the board from around here. That sounds like a good time.

Wide Open
    artic cat cougar. I love snowmobiling. what a rush!!!

Mear Image

Old Memories!

This thread is bringing back old memories, Thought I would share the old days with you..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mear Image

The old mod stock 4 & 5 classes

Just another memory!
    Store URL:

Mear Image

Houghton Lake drags!

77 SRX, Tuff to beat in 500 ft, Back in the day!
    Store URL:

check freak
    2000 Formula III 800

Crankshop pipes
    Cut head
    Advanced timing
    Ported and polished
    Bored carbs
    Rac pak egt
    V Force Reeds

not a shabby trail sled

My Boats:

Talking bajadude/nice sled

nice sled, just add snow. back in the good ole day's I lived in Iowa and rode a v-max .SOLD THE SLED MOVED TO Houston and haven'thad a day off yet. ha

st. clair shores mi ,us
    I don't know if I said the XCR would "eat" the T-cat and if i did I'm sorry. I thought I said "would hang with the Cat". Our testing was a road marked off at 1000' using a radar trap and both sleds were within a MPH of each other. The T-cat was ported and piped and so was the XCR , that sounds fair to me. Regardless , both of those sleds are out of my league. As far as across the lake, isn't that used for boating ?
    Hears a twin story for you. We just finished up gassing up in Gaylord ( 2 T-cats, XCR800,Ultra800, and 2 ZRT800's) well some guy walks up to us and askes if we want to run his wifes sled for money, which was a XC500. So my AC buddies jump all over this guy and they race (no money) Well I saw under the hood of the "500" and knew it was at least a 700 twin (800's weren't out yet) well he spanked every sled we had. I thought it was hilarious !

We will definitly ride this year. Hopefully , there will be more snow at the cabin . Speaking of cabins ,I thought you sold yours?

My Boats:
    Hustler 388
    Sacandaga Lake

My response was for Shane not yours. Sorry for the confusion, no offense was taken nor was any intended for anyone. All I was trying to say was each sled has its own intended purpose. The T-cat is not a drag sled. It is a open lake runner. It pulls mid and top great. I had a ZRT600(played with) that would beat T-cat's, XCR's and Machz's in 660'. But top end was a different story. People who want to drag for money with a small sled have something under the hood that is no where near stock. Never think it is a easy win. I have a 2002 ZR 800 EFI Cross-County that is awesome in the trails and is respectable across the lake. I know I can also beat T-cat's, XCR's and Mach's in a drag race in snow (NOT ON ICE). Not because of my motor, but because of traction (1.25 lug). Change their tracks and then it would be a different story. Point being everything is a little different and each is built for a purpose. A person with a Hooper motor or a Benoit motor should be bragging about the motor builder not the factory that built the seat and decals on it. just my .02 cents (which doesn't buy much).

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Originally posted by powerqrudy
    Ride, Arctic Cat 99 ZR600 wife Arctic Cat 580 EXT I have a big party in Gaylord in Feb.. usually get 50 around the fire...Riding on Lk St Clair all the wasy to Jacks??? crazy...
    That was 3 years ago when we had a really cold winter, and over 2 feet of ice. Crazy was the diehard icefishing guysthat had thier cars out behind my house 2 miles fron the launch, and 1/2 mile out in the open lake,not the sheltered bay. I'm quite cautious of open lake st clair riding, we stayed fairly close to shore, and hae friends houses at 10 mile & 15 mile that we had ridden at a few days before and it was all safe, and they had gone to jacks and called us so we made the ride. I have hit open water a few times though, they just skip over it. I know it's not the smartest thing, but it beats trying to stop.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast