Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34657-who-snowmobiles-what-do-you-ride.html)

Shane 10-17-2002 09:23 AM

Evil Twin,

No offense was intended on my part. Maybe should have put a smilie or two in there to show my intention. My appologies. Please do not take itthe wrong way. Just doin' the typical brand busting if you know what I mean.;) Anyway, I still beg to differ, and that is okay, but I DO agree that different sleds peform much better than others in varying conditions, i.e. trails, hard pack, ice, long lake runs, drags, snowcross etc. etc. That is exactly right Chris. Take GRH's walker on skii's for example:p :p :p ... ANyway, I hope you took no offense. See you on the snow!

GRH 10-17-2002 09:37 AM

Take GRH's walker on skii's for example ... ANyway, I hope you took no offense. See you on the snow!

Count on it SHANE....;)

EvilTwin 10-17-2002 09:51 AM

GRH, Shane,

We can see what a little twin AC will do to Yami's BIG triple 700.:D Not worried. I just hope the lake is in better shape this year than it was last year. If not the trails will be great where we rode last year. See if you can keep up Shane. :)

MIKE S 10-17-2002 10:08 AM

Voodo,
As far as the T-cat goes, I have speedwerx pipes that run at 8300-8400 rpm and make great power. I also have the D&D airbox, clutching, reeds, and a .030 timing key. I rode this motor a lot of miles last year and I ride pretty hard. The timing key is a major factor on the 2000 t-cat. The other option to the timing key is getting a 1998 t-cat cdi box, but that is much more expensive. Have fun, the sled has a lot of power.
As far as the previous posts about xcr 800 eating the t-cat up, I am yet to come across one that does not have aftermarket cylinders in it that has eated my t-cat up. I am sure there probably some out there that could though. No matter how fast you think you are, there is always going to be someone faster.

I also think a OSO snowmobile ride would be a lot of fun. There is a group of us from northern Indiana that would come.

GRH 10-17-2002 10:30 AM

Originally posted by EvilTwin
GRH, Shane,

We can see what a little twin AC will do to Yami's BIG triple 700.:D Not worried. I just hope the lake is in better shape this year than it was last year. If not the trails will be great where we rode last year. See if you can keep up Shane. :)

ET - I can't believe the lake could be any worse then last year! I never rode the lake once last year.... As far as the "little twin AC" doing with the Yami's .... mine's a 2-up 600.... or as SHANE so eloquently put it "A nursing home on ski's".... but I'll ride with ya all day & night... RAIN OR SHINE if ya know what I mean!;)

check freak 10-17-2002 11:51 AM

I'm with Mike S and the others on the board, usually there is someone faster. I could have any sled I want, but I choose to ride an hopped up 800 triple. Everybody is always wanting to race me, on my trail sled. My responce is ok, if I get beat I go to the trailer and pull out the race sled 97 MachZ 1012 stroker motor with appro. 250hp. Now lets race!!!!!!:D :D :D

Here kitty kitty

blackhawk 10-17-2002 02:05 PM

Here's a video of our little "XC600" racing a Mach Z. He was the guy to beat until we showed up! :D

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/bl...ass_Drag_3.mpg

sgrady 10-17-2002 03:31 PM

ME 2002 800 XCSP X-Edge Blue (Pleasrue)
Wife 2002 600 Classic

Race (Terrain-X) 2003 Firecat

Ran-Dom 32 10-17-2002 04:01 PM

2000 T-Cat - PSI Pipes - timming key - heads - clutched the whole 9 - yards 200hp - Built by Arnies Cat House - top end is incredible- definately a lake runner - Houghton Lake - Tip up Town last season - was untouched across the lake - There are faster sleds - in a short drag race- as far as XCR 800 - never seen the back of one

blackhawk 10-17-2002 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of the little "XC00" when it had the 700 hood on it. It was later painet bright yellow with the XC600 decals on it.