Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride? >

Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride?

Notices

Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride?

Old 10-17-2002, 10:26 PM
blackhawk

And another. Notice the 240 chisels in the track!
Attached Thumbnails Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride?-genesis5email.jpg  

Old 10-17-2002, 10:32 PM
blackhawk

And finally a pic of the "heart". 200 hp, 130 lbs of torque and about 470 lb sled. Man I miss this thing. I used to piss off a lot of triple owners. Especially the T-Cats. Of course, I never popped the hood in public!
Attached Thumbnails Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride?-genesisengineemail.jpg  

Old 10-18-2002, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Everything is benchmarked against the T-Cat,why don't you guys go buy one if you've got such a woody over them!
Old 10-18-2002, 06:41 AM
Registered

Burns,
Everything is benchmarked to the T-cat because as everyone knows its the fastest thing that has ever hit the snow,ice ,or grass just ask an AC rider I'm sure they will tell you
Old 10-18-2002, 07:12 AM
Registered

I've always rode Cats,it's just funny because we used to get our asses kicked back in the 80's by Polaris 3 bangers,and just took so much **** from people because we couldn't make the power the 3 bangers could all piped and ported,now it's Cat that everyone throws comparisons to.KITTY KITTY KITTY damn I don't many times I had to listen to that in bars.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:38 AM
Registered

Burnz,

Not to worry! This year and for some to come I would guess, teh benchmark speed machine will NOT be the T-Cat but rather teh RX-1.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Registered

Shane from what we've been seeing at the grass drags,they've got a lot of work to do,of course that's 500' who knows what they will do on the top side.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Registered

Burns,

I am not surprised. Yamaha really NEVER does perform well on the grass. From time to time they may, like last year HayDays, the Viper won some stuff but not really much overall. I don't think Yamaha really goes after that SUPER HI-PERFORMANCE market. They seem to have found their nitch and are doing well with it. It will be neat to see the legs that thing (RX-1) has on snow or ice though. That new F7 Firecat is COOL looking!
Old 10-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

I must say I was pretty impressed with the REV.The Ski-doo boys have been getting the weight tranfer figured out on that new chassis.The 600 HO runs like a *****!F-7's were running pretty respectable with the triple triple 700's.All the new **** is pretty cool,I wish I had the cabbage to buy one of each.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:11 PM
blackhawk

Everthing is benchmarked against the T-Cat because it was the biggest production sled. I am not badmouthing the T-Cats at all. i have rode them and I think they are great sleds. I've just always liked having the smaller sled and handing it to the bigger sleds and waiting for the excuses. Makes no difference what brand. It's just the T-Cat riders seem to get pissed the most because they SHOULD be faster. When I had my 1995 XCR 600 I loved handing it to the 800s all day long in 660' on hard pack.

As far as the RX1 beating the benchmark this year. I don't think so. Across the lake it will be the one to beat but short runs it will not be impressive.

Shane, you are right about Yamaha having their niche. The only true performance sled they had was the SRX. And believe me, those things rock on grass!

Ever notice how brand loyal snowmobilers are? We sure do get defensive quick!

Quick Reply: Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.