Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who snowmobiles,and what do you ride? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34657-who-snowmobiles-what-do-you-ride.html)

Airpacker 10-16-2002 01:51 PM

Originally posted by traviss
what do i ride? I ride all your guy's wives while your outta town riding your sleds :D :D :D :D
My bet is that you couldn't handle her son:D She'd bust you up bad.
Besides,my wife would rather be out ridin a sled and puttin some of the boys to shame on the trails than hangin at the shack with a youngin

EvilTwin 10-16-2002 03:28 PM

Definitely not to make this a pissing contest, I think all the sleds are great (well except one), but to say that a "properly tuned XCR800 will eat a T-cat" is just wrong. Does the XCR run, yes very well as I have ridden some of the best set up XCR 800's. But everybody wants to compare "set up" sleds to the T-cat. Put a "set up machine" of both against each other and then see what happens. I'm sure everybody has differnt stories to tell and thats fine, but it depends on what kind of riding you are reffering to. Drag, open lake, trail, hard pack, deep fluff etc.. I can honestly say I have a twin that will kill an XCR 800 in the trails and yet be VERY respectably close on a lake. I am not trying to piss on any one brand. I have ridden them all and have my opinions, but those can be different then others. Just don't say one will kill the other when not comparing apples to apples.

Sean 10-16-2002 04:42 PM

My buddy Jim at Falcon Hi-Performance is selling all his stuff---3 sleds and an enclosed trailer...if anyone is interested, he's looking to move these and is looking for offers...something about not getting any snow on LI any longer :( I think he'll break up the package too...give him a ring 631 723 0794

http://www.falconhp.com/sleds.htm

Lee 10-16-2002 05:44 PM

Originally posted by 26scarab

Travis,
I'm sure my girl would say " a snickers would be more satisfying" !!

Easy Chuck, If Travis is sportin a "Joe Dirt" Mullet she'll be all over him:D :D

voodoo 10-16-2002 06:01 PM

Like I said, I am a die hard Polaris man, In fact, I am trying to buy a full line Polaris dealership as we speak. But I have always wanted a T-cat for some reason. My well set up HTG's and my stock 99 XCR 800 were very very fast. Gave alot of T-cats, Mach's and ZRT's more than they could bite off. I will be running this sled against another 2000 T-cat and a 2002 Edge w/ an XCR 800 engine in it, HTG pipes and the shims. My goal is to beat this sled which is very fast. Not that I want a Cat to be faster than a Polaris, I want to show my good friend who is the better tuner. He's already giving me sh!t. All I can say is he has $10,000 in his, I'll have 1/3 of that in this when I am done.

Lee 10-16-2002 06:07 PM

I have the best of both worlds, My Arctic Cat lake racer (old Panther sleeper:D) has a Polaris engine in it so I guess I kick my own Arctic Cat azz:D :D

MitchStellin 10-16-2002 07:35 PM

Hey Shane and 26scarab. Its all in fun you know:D We should be more worried about staying alive on these things right:eek: 26, we will ride this year, unlike last, so we need to make a plan. Actually I never race on the trail. I might drag for a while but it is not my style. I live for the 50-100 blast for short bursts then I slow down. Remember what you said 26 about the number of times you take chances? I feel the same way, I take chances all year be it a boat or bike or sled and I too agree your odds increase greatly with each pass. Lets just say they are all fast enough to take us out in which case we all lose.:(

Shane 10-16-2002 08:21 PM

Mitch we WILL ride together this winter. I just got in form working on teh sleds for a few hours. Little bit each night and it will be finished in no time.:D Can only bend over for so long till the back gets sore. I have to go borrow my buddy's lift. Any good titty bars up by you?:D Quebec has some PHENOMINAL ones. Maybe we should head out west for an OSO adventure with neverfastenuff and do some back country bowl riding!

Just in case you forgot...

.................................................. .....................ME

.............@$#^&YOU!:p

powerqrudy 10-16-2002 08:27 PM

Ride, Arctic Cat 99 ZR600 wife Arctic Cat 580 EXT I have a big party in Gaylord in Feb.. usually get 50 around the fire...Riding on Lk St Clair all the wasy to Jacks??? crazy...

blackhawk 10-16-2002 09:56 PM

My .02 on this XCR8 vs T-Cat. A tuned XCR8 will show it's tail light to a tuned T-Cat 9 out of 10 times in a drag race. I've dialed in enough XCR's in to see it first hand. However, take that race accross the lake and it's a different story! Not trying to step on toes here.

I am glad to see there are so many riders on the board. Speaking of fast sleds, we had an XC600 with a genesis 925 kit on it that was 200+ hp out of a twin and weighed about 470 lbs. Man, we used to have fun with that thing. We'd piss off a lot of big triple owners! :D