36ft skater and big waves...

Notices

36ft skater and big waves...

Old 10-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by puder
John B

the 3 brothers: that was thier first cat and I had heard it was thier first performance boat
it wasnt thier first performance boat...........first cat yes........to shed some light on that they even spent quite a bit of time with JT in their boat learning it.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:27 PM
merlin540

the 32 skater that goes 165mph what year is it and what power i would like to know this for ideas about my 32 skater setup aka the old/new AGITATOR its sporting a new paint job now and is now rerigged totally. just putting final touches on the power before the dyno. we est about 1200hp a side <supercharged of course> see ya charlie amann

Old 10-14-2002, 12:58 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

It doesn't get much better than this...
Attached Thumbnails 36ft skater and big waves...-zipp36sm.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-14-2002, 09:36 AM
skaterize

If you get a 36 I will be invious, I too dream of a 36 and would love to own a 36. I will promise you this. If you get one at anysize you will probally never get anything other than a skater again. They are wonderful and always keep a smile on your face. The price difference up from a 28' keeps me working and dreaming, but until then a 28 does me just fine ( i love outboards anyway). Good Luck, Craig

Old 10-14-2002, 04:27 PM
ali-cat

Wink

John B

I think a lot of your problem is with those bravo drives or in theX dimension in the ride of the boat. I have run my 36 around 40-50 mph in sloppy 3-5 in the ocean and don't get drenched. I have been in the new cig. in those conditions and I don't think it's a ball in either type of boat. I have gone into govt. cut in 4-6's following sea and I can assure you I wasn't doing above 50 I was able to stay on top and didn't get wet. I can't remember when "ploughing" through that stuff in a V bottom was all that great either, but if you are really that convinced why not end it and get rid of the cat. See you in Key West ,hopefully your not too drenched by the time you get down there.

Old 10-14-2002, 04:51 PM
ali-cat

John B

Another thought.... How are your props turning? Johny had figured that with my small power they would have to turn in. He was correct since after I bugged him to try turning them out the boat rode very nose heavy as a matter of fact he was having trouble steering it. The only reason that I am mentioning this is that I can recall Johny saying that he thought the boat would handle better in the ocean with 6's than with bravos.

Old 10-14-2002, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ALI-CAT

Jeff,

The props are turning in. Maybe the extra 1000 lbs. sitting on the transom helps keep the bow up. X dimension is +2".

The 36 is exceptional, I agree. I've had 14 boats and this one is still unbelievable. What goes over 110 with stock 500,s and weighs over 8000 lbs (running weight).

However they are not suited for all conditions! No hull is.

Why do so many big pleasure Skaters go on the market with very low hours after only a short time after their purchased??

I just want to give potential owners a fair evaluation, not just drool all over this board.

BTW, I realize what it's intended for, and after 3 seasons, it's still a rush, so I'm not selling it.

We will be at the Ocean Key House the 18 th of Nov. Are you going by boat?

JB
Old 10-15-2002, 07:59 AM
Uncle Toys

Thanks John B!

Old 10-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sharkeymarine
It doesn't get much better than this...
Sure it does!!
Attached Thumbnails 36ft skater and big waves...-texas-01.jpg  
Old 10-15-2002, 04:22 PM
ali-cat

John B.

I gotta agree with you on that there is no perfect hull for all conditions but the cat is a rush. I am going down to Key West in my boat with another friend in his cig. and possibly another boat as well. We are staying in the Ocean Key House arriving on the 22nd!!. Let's at least get together for a couple of drinks and see if there's time to go for a ride.
Are you going to have the boat down there?

Jeff

Quick Reply: 36ft skater and big waves...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.