First Look: STIHL Superboat Vee-Class Phantom On The Water

Notices

First Look: STIHL Superboat Vee-Class Phantom On The Water

Old 05-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default First Look: STIHL Superboat Vee-Class Phantom On The Water

STIHL graphics looking good on the team's new V-bottom raceboat, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...m-on-the-water.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks great, can't wait to see it this weekend!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Who built the motor? Anyone know if its a new carb, vortec or 525 build up? Any numbers for speed on the test run? Was it a total gut and all new build? Would love to see some pics of the motor compartment and cockpit. Grant did my boat when I first got it and it was amazing back then. I can only imagine what he can do now with all the new accessories and time in the game.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Believe it was the BoatFloater hull.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Who built the motor? Anyone know if its a new carb, vortec or 525 build up? Any numbers for speed on the test run? Was it a total gut and all new build? Would love to see some pics of the motor compartment and cockpit. Grant did my boat when I first got it and it was amazing back then. I can only imagine what he can do now with all the new accessories and time in the game.
In all the articles on Speed on the Water, it listed "Fountain Engines" as the builder(Ive never heard of that company) but through the grapevine, I heard it was Gluek's engine guy.. assumption is carbed as with the numerous tests we did, the carb has a decent advantage over the vortecs and the old discontinued 525's... dont think it was a total gut, but did hear that the moveable gas tank system was removed in order to lose approx 150 lbs

Yes you are correct AZMIDLYF, the lineage i know is Way2Krazy, Boatfloater(Scott Free Racing), No Vacancy, and now Stihl
Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
In all the articles on Speed on the Water, it listed "Fountain Engines" as the builder(Ive never heard of that company) but through the grapevine, I heard it was Gluek's engine guy.. assumption is carbed as with the numerous tests we did, the carb has a decent advantage over the vortecs and the old discontinued 525's... dont think it was a total gut, but did hear that the moveable gas tank system was removed in order to lose approx 150 lbs

Yes you are correct AZMIDLYF, the lineage i know is Way2Krazy, Boatfloater(Scott Free Racing), No Vacancy, and now Stihl
I hadn't heard of this engine builder before, either, but he does have a Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/fountainraceengines/.