Break wall at the play pen >

Break wall at the play pen

Notices

Break wall at the play pen

Old 10-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break wall at the play pen

Sombody hit the break wall by the play pen last night. The news did not say what kind of boat it was. I hope it was nobody from the board. Two people were pulled from the water then the divers were called in so I would think that sombody was still missing. Chicago OSO'ers I hope all is well!!

Russ
Old 10-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Nothing new around here! seems like theres someone hitting that thing every weekend during the summer! You just dont hear all the little ones unless someone gets hurt. Last year for venetian(sp) night a guy put a small 16-18' bow rider up on the wall. Had a full boat and alcohol was involved!
There was even one night i followed a guy in a 20'ish boat out of the locks and headed toward the playpen looking for the opening......this tool had his docking lights on the whole time, music cranked even in the locks, and was heading straight for the break wall!!!! He luckly saw the rocks right at the VERY LAST SECOND and turned the boat like it was a jetski!!! The wave of water off the transom got the rocks wet all the way to the top part!!! I was following them a little while back with VHF inhand ready to help expecting the worse and hoping for the best! Thank goodnes it all worked out!!!

I think Chicago needs to put some lights out there to warn boaters of it.....maybe like Northpoint has the flashing white on theirs....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

Has anyone found out what happened? Maybe with the new tax they will have enough money to put lights on the break wall. It's a shame it has taken this long.
Dan
Old 10-12-2002, 07:46 AM
Registered

Wally, you weave a great tale, should write a book

See ya soon

Dean