Notices

Yo ib.......

Old 05-31-2017, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Yo ib.......

Your ads are great and all, plus they make you money, but why in the hell are ads coming up IN people's posts? I made a post and when I looked at it there is a giant (bigger than the pik I posted) Tim Hortons ad. I do not represent Tim Hortons, I am not sponsored by Tim Hortons, I do not endorse Tim Hortons, I am in no way shape or form affliated with Tim Hortons (though I did once get a god awful sandwhich there, never again).

If you want to plaster ads all over, go for it, make your money, but please keep them the HELL OUT OF MY POSTS making it look like I am putting it there endorsing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Your ads are great and all, plus they make you money, but why in the hell are ads coming up IN people's posts? I made a post and when I looked at it there is a giant (bigger than the pik I posted) Tim Hortons ad. I do not represent Tim Hortons, I am not sponsored by Tim Hortons, I do not endorse Tim Hortons, I am in no way shape or form affliated with Tim Hortons (though I did once get a god awful sandwhich there, never again).

If you want to plaster ads all over, go for it, make your money, but please keep them the HELL OUT OF MY POSTS making it look like I am putting it there endorsing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phragle,
would you clarify whether or not you are endorsing the Teague ad in your above post?
Old 05-31-2017, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
phragle,
would you clarify whether or not you are endorsing the Teague ad in your above post?

Sure.. Bob gave me a hat once... lol
Old 06-01-2017, 06:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

adblock+ is your friend

I've blocked 13 ads on this thread alone.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
adblock+ is your friend

I run that at home on my laptop, but I cant load it on the work computer. The difference is amazing....
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I've noticed this on other sites (not boating related) but these type of ads are everywhere. On one of the non-boating boards I'm also a member of the intrusiveness of the ads are driving members away, it's really quite sad. It was a popular board but now there's just a few left, and it's not an IB owned site. With all the other options around I'd think IB would show a little more discretion, these ads are freezing some computers, slowing performance in others, and are just a general nuisance...it's actually working against them IMO.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Registered

I've noticed this on other sites (not boating related) but these type of ads are everywhere. On one of the non-boating boards I'm also a member of the intrusiveness of the ads are driving members away, it's really quite sad. It was a popular board but now there's just a few left, and it's not an IB owned site. With all the other options around I'd think IB would show a little more discretion, these ads are freezing some computers, slowing performance in others, and are just a general nuisance...it's actually working against them IMO.
You have to realize your dealing with a different mindset these days...

Nothing is long lasting, attention spans are microscopic. IT/internet marketing is not a long term goal, Milk it, whatever is hot while its still profitable and move on.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reference the IB site changes.......

Old 06-01-2017, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Right now I see your advertising for Bryant and Stratton.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:42 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,107 Likes on 1,401 Posts

adblock+ is your friend

Same for me. Not one ad.

Only thing killing me right now is not having a like button. I would have just liked your post and not had to reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.