Center Console vs. Traditional V w Stern Drive >

Center Console vs. Traditional V w Stern Drive

Notices

Center Console vs. Traditional V w Stern Drive

Old 06-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Statement has dual power sun loungers that fold flat at the bow, and a double lounger out back that also doubles as a cooler.
Yes Statement has it going on!
Old 06-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yes Statement has it going on!

That they do! buddy just got him new one 2 weeks ago and as always they step up to the plate and knock it out.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

It all depends on the center console. Beam makes a huge difference. The Cigarette 39 Top Fish has an 8'6" beam, and isn't near as stable as my 39 GTS with a 10' beam. The wider the beam the better it will ride, but I tow it a LOT and I don't want over a 10' beam. I want another loud go fast, but the console isn't going anywhere. If you can't have both, then in my opinion, the CC is the way to go. I've had mine and a 42MTI-V in some snotty water, and both ride great.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

So it really comes down to how you boat and where. As for reliable, I boat with two people that have single engine 29 foot go fasts with 496HO's. Those are about as reliable as you get, closed cooled, and the gas mileage is nuts. (3 mph) they can trim up and get to sand bars fine. 1 guy put 400 hours on his in the last year with just oil and drive fluid changes.

Also price, are the new Statements and NorTech nice,,,,,,,,,, sure but they are WAY more then I can afford. Like someone said are we talking about cheaper used Fish CC's?

For us I don't like a huge crew, one other couple is enough. That way I can go and do whatever without needing to know peoples schedule etc. Some like to take 12 of their closest friends.

I will say down here most have CC's. but most are in the 24-30 foot range also. The motor of choice is Yamaha. Another friend has a Yamaha direct injected 2 stroke that I didn't even know it was a two stroke until my 3rd time out and I happened to look at it!
LOL

Not the same class as statements, Cig, Nortechs, susations.

You could always have AT build you a 33 with egg beaters.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
in the water or under the t-top.....where do you hang out in your traditional Vee if you don't have cabin air?

a lot of bigger CC's have built in sun loungers now upfront...why need a sun pad when you have that? On older ones with a cuddy like the scarab 302 they make a pad that goes over the cuddy that is a sun pad.

I don't think we are talking about bare bones fishing CC'S are we?
No, but when everyone's rafted up, all the action is out back, or at least that's my personal experience. I do like the sunpad on the Sunsation CCX that's built into the T-top.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
No, but when everyone's rafted up, all the action is out back, or at least that's my personal experience. I do like the sunpad on the Sunsation CCX that's built into the T-top.
there are loungers and seats on the back of the CC to hang out on. it's not just cleared out area for fishing. people sit and soak up sun there.

the rest like me toss out a raft and tie it to the rear cleat and float around and relax in the water.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

I took delivery, and ran my 39 Cigarette GTS last weekend, and I have to say, it was some of the most stress free boating I've done in years. If anyone tells you there's less cleaning, they have a hose-down fishing boat. My new ride must have 5000 yards of vinyl !! But the ease of moving around to clean it, makes it a breeze. I know I'll miss the high speed and noise as soon as someone goes blowing by me, but the fun and comfort level of the CC out weighs it..
Old 06-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest difference is you don't have to walk over the vinyl every time you get in and out of it. That's going to go a long way on the life of your vinyl.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also warparty is right about the beam. I still wanted a go fast feel, so I wanted the narrow beam. People of fish them a lot hate the narrow beam.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I have owned both for many years for the following reasons. Opinions are like well everybody has one and here are mine:

42 Fountain:
-freshwater only. Too expensive to maintain if used a lot in salt. Never any engine/drive work in 350 hrs.
-Trailer brakes perfect, never serviced in 10 years.
-looks way cool
-faster 85 mph
-smoother in the chop
-stabbin cabin for the girlie stuff. Vacu flush doesn't work right.
-sounds powerful and gets a lot of looks at the docks
-comfortable with 5 adults
-harder to keep clean and nice
-most friends ask to go out on this one
-no sun protection

35 Marlago:
-saltwater only. 2 cycle smokers. No engine work in 15 years. Always start every single time. Always. 425 hrs.
-Replaced lower gear cases 5 years ago due to water in oil.
-trailer brakes trash in 1 year. Never had them fixed.
-looks fine if you are a fisherman, well, it looks OK, pretty good when clean...
-55 mph. 60 mph with the wind...
-not as smooth but only 35 foot boat
-smaller cabin. Potty "stuff" pumps out of the boat when nobody's lookin'...
-smokes on start up but gets rid of mosquitoes. 250 EFIs use outboard oil and more gas than the 525s. But they NEVER break.
-comfortable with 8-9 adults and/or kids
-much easier to clean. Soft brush with suds in bucket and rinse and done in 10 mins.
-friends who fish like this boat, "what kind of person would want one of those dam show off ashole boats..."
-huge sun protection top that goes with the style of the boat and is lowerable, to look like the Powerplay boat in a later post

Last edited by On Time; 06-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.