Notices

Apache Cock fight.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Apache Cock fight.

Just saw a very, very BEAUTIFUL 1989 41' with big power on facebook but, why do the Apache owners think these boats are worth 3, 4, 5 times the value of boats made, of the same quality, of the same year? I understand that the boats are wavecrushers, but crap, but it takes 2000 HP to do what, 80/85 mph?

Still, I want one! - just to blast through anything my little lake will throw at it, but not for 150/200K for a 25/30 year old slow boat? There use to be several boats for sale in the classified, only 2 now.... did they all sell or the owners give up?

I love the old boats cause that is all my checkbook allows, but I have never understood the owners values on these old 41' Apaches???

Flame away.

Last edited by RebarBox; 06-15-2017 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Because they have more then that invested in the restoration and they're trying to recoup their investment??

Ive been told (and seen) more than once that its far better to simply buy a new boat than restore an old one.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:59 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Why buy a $250,000 car that a $90k Corvette will be just as good or better ?
Because that's what those buyers want and are willing to pay.

Why stay at a $40k per week Vacation home for a week or two?

Why consume a few $1000-1500 bottles of wine during dinner ?

Why go to that Sushi restaurant in New York that can cost you $7k-$15k for a table of two ?
Old 06-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

Life is so simple!!!!
Old 06-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Why buy a $250,000 car that a $90k Corvette will be just as good or better ?

Why stay at a $40k per week Vacation home for a week or two?

Why consume a few $1000-1500 bottles of wine during dinner ?

Why go to that Sushi restaurant in New York that can cost you $7k-$15k for a table of two ?
That's well put.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Just saw a very, very BEAUTIFUL 1989 41' with big power on facebook but, why do the Apache owners think these boats are worth 3, 4, 5 times the value of boats made, of the same quality, of the same year? I understand that the boats are wavecrushers, but crap, but it takes 2000 HP to do what, 80/85 mph?

Still, I want one! - just to blast through anything my little lake will throw at it, but not for 150/200K for a 25/30 year old slow boat? There use to be several boats for sale in the classified, only 2 now.... did they all sell or the owners give up?

I love the old boats cause that is all my checkbook allows, but I have never understood the owners values on these old 41' Apaches???

Flame away.
Have you ever went for a ride on one? What boat are you talking about pleasure or race? Race will do 100 with less than 1000 a side. There is not many apaches to chose from very small list so the prices will be a lot higher.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Owner is a member here, and its a super nice/freshly redone boat. That's about all I know, besides that I also couldn't afford it lol
Old 06-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's a simple case of supply and demand. There's not too many out there and they ain't makin any more. I agree they are high in price but most of them have big dollar hardware and for a buck fifty someone can have a legendary boat that will be a thrill to own and operate. If I can only have one boat it wouldn't be my first choice but if I had FU money, I'd own one.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't think it's overpriced for the shape it appears to be in and like someone already said they aren't making any more of them...Aside from how sweet they look, the history behind them and how well they ride etc. etc., you ALL have to admit, how cool it would be to say when someone asked you what kind of boat you owned and to be able to say "Well actually...an APACHE"!!
Old 06-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

I've never ridden in one but have no doubt they're an awesome ride, especially in the rough.
That said, I doubt you could convince me that a boat designed and built 30 years ago is a match for any of the newer breed of boats designed this century. If conventional straight bottom deep V and heavy is the best then why don't manufacturers build just that? Don't want this to be another " Timmy V Philly" thread but the bigger consensus on the poll backed the newer boat, yes I know it also had bigger power but the thread wasn't about ultimate speed.

Love the old school style of some of the more classics boats, Apaches aren't the only one's priced up a bit but life is full of choices and personally, I'd choose a newer ride for the same bucks.

To each his own, makes life interesting.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.