Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini? >

Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?

Notices

Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?

Old 06-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

ToMorrow, thanks for the pics, nice boat, bimini looks like it belongs there. Like the way you can move it back so it will lay down behind the hatch, not sure I could do that because I don't have the flexibility of the windscreen rail like you do. Can't lie it down across the top of the rear lounge either because the lounge lifts up in one piece with the hatch. Something to work on.

And I see we have another Zee-R among us......

RR
Old 06-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A lot of west coast companies use these low profile Bimini mounts. That way you can put the Bimini anywhere you want and when you take it off, it's not as obtrusive.

Bimini Mount Set Flush - Marine Industries West
Old 06-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

When I purchased my 35zr it had DUAL Bimini tops. (ashamed)
They stored inside of the engine bay on two nicely made stainless racks that held the tops against the bulkhead. I have had them on up on Ebay for a while now. Just not my speed and the brackets would wreck you if you missed your footing when getting in. I still have the front strap rings just ahead of the windshield and use them along with two small loops on the rear to hold my ANCHORSHADE made by TaylorMade.

If you like the look of it...go for it. I have a pair super cheap to sell. However the anchorshade is a much more pleasing look for a performance boat like a ZR
Old 06-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
When I purchased my 35zr it had DUAL Bimini tops. (ashamed)
They stored inside of the engine bay on two nicely made stainless racks that held the tops against the bulkhead. I have had them on up on Ebay for a while now. Just not my speed and the brackets would wreck you if you missed your footing when getting in. I still have the front strap rings just ahead of the windshield and use them along with two small loops on the rear to hold my ANCHORSHADE made by TaylorMade.

If you like the look of it...go for it. I have a pair super cheap to sell. However the anchorshade is a much more pleasing look for a performance boat like a ZR
Wow! I was starting think none had ever been made.
Dont suppose yo got any pics? (Set up or stored) Do you still have the eBay ad? If you have a link maybe I can see a pic.

Next silly question, I've never seen a ZR of any size, I'm assuming the 35 cockpit is quite a bit bigger than a 27, hard to tell from photos. If they're the same size, I might try to work a deal with you. Sounds like it might look God awful but it's the best way to protect from the heat here even knowing I'd have to drop it down for higher speeds.

Thanks for the help,
RR
Old 06-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

all of our boats have Bimini tops, SS sunbrella
Attached Thumbnails Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-talon-bird-island2-8-17-14.jpg   Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-20160529_112053.jpg   Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-30-spectre-388-docked-2-11-25-15.jpg  

Old 06-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseO
Is that Outlaw on a tri-axle trailer to make the boat look bigger? Seems pretty overkill to me. Also, As much as I hate tops on boats, I love being under them, so I say go for it.

Definitely ZEE R
Like this one? 4 axles on a bolt together trailer for a 342 seemed a little silly to me.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-img_1294.jpg  
Old 11-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's taken 5 months but I finally have a nice bimini......!
Sunbrella of course and all mountings are quick release and thru-bolted. The first effort had just over 6' headroom and looked awful. At 45-50 mph one of the quick release fittings 'released quickly', possibly due to the length of the support, too much side to side movement. Decided to lower it all by about 8" which is fine when seated and cruising which is most of my boating. Standing up I have to sit back in the bolster and lean forward to the controls a little or fold the top down.

Probably the most expensive Bimini top ever made..........(twice.......!)
Its still a bit ugly but aren't they all?
Attached Thumbnails Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-img_7962.jpg   Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-img_7967.jpg   Donzi ZR. Ever seen one with a bimini?-img_7561.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 11-19-2017 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RR how do you like the Donzi over the Fountain?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 821 Likes on 347 Posts

Doesn’t look bad. The way it’s nice and flat matches the ZR lines. Looks relaxing under there too.

If you drink fosters on the boat, id say it’s zed-r
Old 11-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by uluru
RR how do you like the Donzi over the Fountain?
Not really a comparison because the Fountain was a 34' CC but.......
both boats impressed me for very solid build, almost heavy. Hitting a wave or dropping into a hole, no rattles or noises on either. I'd say they're about the same. Overall finish, Donzi might have the edge but it's not a real comparison. Both boats live up to their name!

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.