36 Skater accident at Havasu >

36 Skater accident at Havasu

Notices

36 Skater accident at Havasu

Old 06-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
I know about the "rights" of jet skis, we discuss them all the time. Around here it's like a game of chicken to see who will yield first, and I am not talking about right of way in the maritime sense when the vessel on the right is the stand on vessel. I always obey and use this rule without a second thought. However most jet skiers are young and don't care about boating rules, etiquette or even good boating sense. They just want to go fast and jump wakes so I get used to these collision course antics all the time as they hope to get my wake just behind the boat. In this case was it a "collision course" to try to get the wake just behind the Skater that he miscalculated causing the Skater to wreck? It should be illegal for jet skis to chase boat wakes in this fashion which at the very least puts the go fast owner (with a larger more expensive boat and usually a lot more to lose) on high alert to avoid these thrill seeking scumbags trying to jump wakes at our expense.
You are reading a heck of a lot into what the PWC rider was doing based on no facts that I have seen yet. Most states now have rules about how close behind an other boat a PWC can be to jump its wake.

I don't understand your "chicken" comment. It sounds as if you are talking about bigger boats and PWC's. If so, all of them need to be off the water. Being stupid in a boat or a PWC gets people hurt or worse.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
I'm glad that everyone is going to be ok, and the driver made the right call to do whatever was necessary to save the life (lives) of the jetskier(s) - even at the risk of endangering himself and his passengers. We could all be reading a very different storyline had he not done what he did. I wish guys would quit discussing these accidents as if they know the facts of what happened. Though both sides of the arguments that have arisen have valid points, without being there, how does anyone know who was right and who was wrong? All we do know is that a large boat at a high rate of speed avoided an accident with a jet ski, with no fatalities and just a few minor injuries. Let's all just be thankful for that!
Amen Dale!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

The idiots that I deal with EVERY WEEKEND are not the performance boaters. Their numbers are to small. It is the pontooners now with their 50+ mph toons. They usually have a couple of friends running circles around them on jetskis as they motor along with no thought for anyone else on the water. I wouldn't endanger myself or roll my cat to avoid a jetskier. Just as I wouldn't wreck my car to avoid a hitting an squirrel.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
I knew it would be a popular post. I wasn't calling him stupid, I was questioning the logic in general of deciding to make high speed runs in a non-sanctioned area with innocent bystanders around. That boat is in no position to make a legal maneuver.

I wonder if when they are picking up bodies out of the water from all these crashes we are seeing all the time if the rescue workers find their "I'm not a weekend warrior" membership card in their wallet and everyone involved is like....oh ****....its ok guys...no need to be concerned. This guy is special....no weekend warrior here. It was definitely no fault of his! LOL!!
Non-sanctioned area? A sanctioned area would be called a race course, so a non-sanctioned area is pretty much everything else. Are you inventing a "sanctioned" test area like your dumbass invention of the Non Weekend Warrior card? There is no speed limit on a lot of the river BTW. There is this little thing they call Desert Storm out there...look it up.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Non-sanctioned area? A sanctioned area would be called a race course, so a non-sanctioned area is pretty much everything else. Are you inventing a "sanctioned" test area like your dumbass invention of the Non Weekend Warrior card? There is no speed limit on a lot of the river BTW. There is this little thing they call Desert Storm out there...look it up.
You are correct, there is no speed limit on a lot of the public waterways that we all boat on. However, a LEO can cite you for "speed for conditions"...............ask me how I know.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm glad that everyone is going to be ok, and the driver made the right call to do whatever was necessary to save the life (lives) of the jetskier(s) - even at the risk of endangering himself and his passengers. We could all be reading a very different storyline had he not done what he did. I wish guys would quit discussing these accidents as if they know the facts of what happened. Though both sides of the arguments that have arisen have valid points, without being there, how does anyone know who was right and who was wrong? All we do know is that a large boat at a high rate of speed avoided an accident with a jet ski, with no fatalities and just a few minor injuries. Let's all just be thankful for that!
Now where is that dam like button?
Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Did I also read correct today that there was a Vee bottom roll on Havasu less than 2 weeks ago where a girl died?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:21 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Right on the money... GREAT POST!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Did I also read correct today that there was a Vee bottom roll on Havasu less than 2 weeks ago where a girl died?
two people died. 36 Nordic alcohol involved.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Victim of fatal Lake Havasu boating accident identified as California man; search for missing woman ongoing | Local News Stories | havasunews.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.